CURLS (34)

Corpse ran the comb gently through Killian's curly wet hair.

Weston was making breakfast for Killian before he had to get to school. They were able to skip the morning care he usually had to go to when Weston had to work because she took the day off, but Killian still had to go to school, until lunch at least.

Then they would stream together in the afternoon.

Weston was just happy to have somewhat of a break.

Corpse tugged out a knot gently, Killian watching him in the mirror. "Do you want your hair up or down today?"

With it wet, Killian's hair was nearly to the middle of his back, but because of how curly it was, it would soon shrink to his shoulders.

"Down, today," Killian decided, eyes and voice still full of sleep.

Corpse nodded, and pulled out all of the products Weston used in his hair. He was used to it, thankfully, since Corpse had curly hair himself.

"Killian, where do you get your curls from?" Corpse asked, not sure if Killian would even know.

"Mommy's mommy. But I don't know her," Killian said, eyes closing slightly as Corpse gently scrunched his curls with curl cream.

"Hmm..." Corpse nodded.

Maybe it was worth asking Weston about it. He didn't want to bring up anything that would ruin their plans for the day, but now that he really thought about it, Weston barely told Corpse anything about her relationship with her parents. He couldn't really talk though, his situation was the same. It really highlighted how little they knew about each other's pasts, but Corpse understood. Things in the present were more important than whatever was going on in Tennessee, and wherever his parents and sister had ended up.

"Alright, bud, all done," Corpse finished with a light dusting of hairspray.

Killian put his backpack that had been previously thrown to the floor, onto his back, bouncing out of the bathroom. Cleaning everything up, Corpse could hear Weston acknowledge how good Killian's hair looked.

"Thank you for doing that, bub," she kissed Corpse's cheek, handing him his own plate full of eggs, bacon, and toast. "Take your medicine, Corpse," she reminded.

He nodded, sitting next to Killian who was already nearly done with all of his food.

"Mommy, you're sure I can't stay home?" Killian whined, eggs still in his cheeks.

"Chew with your mouth closed, Killian. And don't talk with your mouth full," Weston reminded, laughing lightly at him.

"We'll come pick you up right before lunch, Killy," Corpse reminded, before taking his first of many pills.

They finished up breakfast, brushed Killian's teeth, and loaded up the car before finally leaving the apartment and getting Killian to school on time.

"So, what do you want to do on your day off?" Corpse asked, running a hand over Weston's thigh in the passenger seat.

"Honestly, I just want to lay down," she sighed, fingers fiddling with his own.

"What's wrong?" Corpse asked, nervous.

"Nothing, just anxious today, I don't know."

Corpse sighed, taking one of her hands in his own. "You don't have to stream with us, baby."

"No, I want to! I don't know, it just feels like something else. I just need to sleep it off, I think. Catch up on some relaxation."

Corpse squeezed her hand. "We'll take a bath together," he suggested, "and cuddle until we have to get Killian. And if you really want, I'll even watch Hell's Kitchen with you."

She looked at him, a smile on her face, "really?"

"Yes, really."

NOTE!!

sorry for the delay
short chapter for now until a long chapter tonight
10pm est