PARENT (26)

She woke up gently to the feeling of kisses on her forehead.

"Come to bed, baby," Corpse said quietly, brushing her hair from her face.

Killian was sill laying on her lap, curled up uncomfortably. She let out a deep breath, not even remembering falling asleep.

She gently laid Killian on the couch, Corpse coming to put a pillow under his head and a blanket on his body while Weston stretched her body. She realized then, that he acted so far from just a neighbor, it wasn't even funny anymore. He had so much care for Killian, and for her. And maybe at first, she had expected it to be just for Weston and her looks, but now, it was becoming so much. With every minute, things were getting more domestic.

    Was that a good thing?

    "How long have you been done?" she asked, her voice thick with sleep.

    "Only a few minutes," he commented, grabbing her hand to pull her to his room.

    "Corpse," she whined, "I can't spend the night here," she said absently.

    "Why? It's Friday," he said sharply.

    He was right. She didn't have work, Killian didn't have school. There seemed to be no issue.

    She sighed.

    Honestly, it was in her best interest to go home. This was too domestic. This was starting to go too far.

    "Corpse, you.... you don't want to do this," she said simply, now more awake than ever.

    "Do what? Weston, we're sleeping in the same bed. It's not like we're-"

    "No, I mean, you don't want to be apart of this. You shouldn't... you shouldn't want to be with me. I have Killian, and you have... Corpse, you have a life, and dreams, and... you don't want this kind of commitment. We shouldn't do this anymore..." she said, nearly whispering by the end.

    Maybe it wasn't the right time. Maybe, she should've just gone along with it and let it go. She should've got into bed with him, let him cuddle her, and gone back to sleep.

    Weston was so insanely good at ruining things for herself before others got the chance to, and no, she didn't think Corpse would break up with her, but she didn't even think they were dating. God, things were so damn confusing, and she was tired.

    "Weston, we're literally just sleeping in the same bed," he said, his voice flat. "If you want to talk about this, at least let us do it when you're awake, and we can think things through, come on," he tried to reason with her.

    And yes, he was being rational and she knew that. But she couldn't help but feel like such a damn burden. Why couldn't she have met him before Killian? Or, in some other universe, where she wasn't a single mother, and wasn't so financially unstable. Why was this her life?

    "Corpse, you don't understand what you're getting yourself into," she was getting louder now. "You don't understand what it's like to.. Corpse, he's going to see you as his father eventually. You're the closest thing he knows to one. You're going to have to go to soccer games, and parent teacher conferences, and eventually, we'll all live together. You'll have to help me when he goes through his awkward stage in middle school. Corpse, you have so much life left, and you're letting me rip it from you," she said, tears filling her eyes. "You... you really don't get it."

    "Weston... I do get it. I didn't start dating you just to get to know you, I did that to know Killian too. It's not like he just randomly popped into our relationship, he's always been apart of it. You're acting like I didn't already know all of this. Do you really think I'd still date you if Killian wasn't what I wanted, too? And Weston, I'll never try to replace any parent that Killian has or has lost. Thats not my intention. Killian already-"

    They both heard it, the heavy feet on the hard wood floor, the blanket skirting the ground. Weston turned, seeing Killian, his eyes still closed from exhaustion. He was stumbling towards them, walking to Corpse.

    "Daddy," he whined, his arms reaching up, wanting to be held.

NOTE!!
:)
what do you think is gonna happppeeeennnn