DAY TWO (5)

"I wanna go see Crops, Mommy! I don't want to go to school," Killian cried.

He had been emotional all morning, and Weston couldn't figure out why. He woke up crying, ate breakfast crying, and now, as she's trying to put him in the car, he's crying and screaming for Corpse.

"Baby," Weston sighed, trying to clip his booster seat without getting his fingers on accident. He was grabbing at her hands, trying to push her away from him. "Co- Crops is busy today," she felt silly calling him that but if it worked, it worked.

"He can't watch you every day, Killian," she said, trying not to sound annoyed or upset. Killian was feeling bigger emotions than he was used to at his age. He just didn't understand how to communicate his emotions, and Weston always tried her best not to take that out on him when it truly wasn't his fault.

She had a feeling this would happen. Killian had never been around men. He had no father figure, and Weston never brought anyone home. It was natural for Killian to attach himself to the closest father figure he had, and until yesterday he didn't have that issue.

Killian continued to scream and cry, not letting up at all, and Weston knew the child care center wouldn't take him if he was acting like this.

"Okay, okay. Mommy will go ask, okay?"

Weston sighed, took Killian out of the car, and carried him up the stairs in her arms. He hugged her tightly, head down on her shoulder, sniffling.

She felt like shit for having to do this again, especially since she had kept Corpse up so late the night before. But, for Killian, she knocked on the door. She waited a few moments, preparing herself the breakdown Killian was going to have when Corpse didn't answer the door.

The door opened, revealing Corpse, surprisingly more put together than she had expected at 7 in the morning.

"Crops!" Killian wiggled out of his mothers arms, hugging around Corpse's legs, basically inviting himself in.

"Ahh, we meet again," he said, picking him up gently and hugging him.

Weston smiled softly, "I hate to ask but he won't stop screaming for-"

"Crops," Killian interrupted, "Can we play the game? I wanna see Rae again! And, and, and Sy-Sy-Sy."

"Sykkuno?" Corpse confirmed.

"Yeah!" Killian seemed so excited, Corpse only paying attention for a moment before he realized.

Weston was looking at her son with wide eyes. "You took my son out to see people without asking me?" She tried to keep her voice calm, trying not to make Killian scared.

"No! No, I promise I can explain, its a long story," Corpse said sincerely, hoping it would be enough at least for Weston to go to work with some peace of mind. "I can explain everything when you come to pick him up," Corpse suggested.

If Killian hadn't seemed so excited and desperate, she wouldn't have trusted him. She sighed, but nodded her head anyway, "Okay."

She reached out, taking Killian into her arms. "Okay, baby, you can stay with him today, but listen. When you want something you have to tell Mommy, you can't just scream and cry until you get it okay? I know it's hard to express your feelings sometimes, but Mommy just wants to help, right?"

Killian nodded, "yes ma'am."

"Okay," she kissed his forehead, and Killian kissed hers back. "Love you, baby, have a good day," she set him on the ground.

"Love you too, Mommy."

Killian ran off into the apartment.

"I'm really sorry," Corpse said. "I should've told you about yesterday before, but it slipped my mind. We talk to them online, I promise. He doesn't really know them-"

"You can explain later, okay?" she sighed, checking the time.  "I have to get to work. Thanks again!" Weston said, trying to ignore her curiosity before going down the stairs.

NOTE!!
early update sorry
next update; 12/31 9am est