PRIVACY (7)

Weston was actually able to pick up Killian at 6pm. Thankfully, Killian had already gotten off the phone with Corpse's friends, making pick up incredibly easy.

Until she realized Corpse had quite a bit of explaining to do.

She barely knew who he was. He seemed quite shy and incredibly introverted for their age, but so was she. It was hard having friends when you're a single mother and all of your friends are still trying to graduate high school.

Obviously, she trusted his word enough to leave her son with him though and luckily, Killian was close enough with her that he would tell her if anything unusual had happened. Weston had been adamant about teaching him that.

She was nervous though, with no clue what could be so much of a secret that Corpse felt the need to hide it from her in the first place. Everything about him seemed mysterious, like he had no idea who he even was, and that scared her the most.

When she knocked on the door, she was surprised to see Killian open it. "Mommy!!" he squealed, hugging her around her legs. She bent down to hug him better, moving him back into Corpse's apartment and shutting the door behind her.

"Hey, baby," she said sweetly, kissing his head, and standing to see Corpse in the kitchen, watching her.

She smiled at him before focusing her attention on Killian. "How was your day, Killy?"

Killian's eyes filled with excitement. "Fun, Mommy. We played with my friends, and we watched Monsters Inc. because I made Crops get Disney Plus, and we had lunch, and we went on a walk, and we had lots and lots of fun!" He was talking like he couldn't get the words out fast enough.

Weston was smiling at him, using all of the muscles in her face to give him dramatic facial expressions. "Oh goodness, buddy, that's so fun!"

Killian nodded before grabbing her hand, tugging her in the direction of the hallway. "Come here, Mommy, I wanna show you Rae and Sykkuno and all of our other friends-"

"Killian, no," Corpse's voice was loud, and unintentionally stern. He already had such a deep voice, he sounded harsher than he was actually being.

Killian immediately stopped, looking up to his mother for reassurance. "Killian, we are guests in this apartment. Just because Corpse watches you sometimes, doesn't mean you can do whatever you want, okay? You have to respect other peoples space."

He looked guilty, staring up at Weston then looking to Corpse. "I'm sorry, Crops," he mumbled, tilting his head down.

"Come here, Killian," Corpse said gently. Weston gave him a small push on his back towards where Corpse was in the kitchen. Corpse bent down, flinching slightly from pain in his legs. "Where we play is a very important room, okay? I didn't mean to yell at you, but your mommy will see it when I'm ready, okay? Just like how you only saw it when I was ready. And you have private spaces too, right? Like your bedroom, and your space on the couch when we watch movies, yeah? You don't like when other people intrude on your privacy, so when Mommy is here, I'll show her around, okay? Let me handle it."

Killian nodded in understanding, forcing Corpse to hug him for comfort.

Weston was shocked that Corpse was so good with him. She wouldn't have ever expected that, honestly. She tried to let other people discipline Killian too, so that he would be respectful to all adults, not just her. In that same way, it was important in her parenting for Killian to know when he should be respected too. She taught him consent from a young age, along with the basics of manners. She expected people to treat him like a human. He could make mistakes and learn and own up to it, but still grow.

But what Killian had wanted her to see got her thinking. Did Corpse have animals that Killian wanted her to see? Or maybe Corpse was insane with dolls or stuffed animals or something... She was sure he didn't have roommates.

Corpse gave her a tight-lipped smile as he pulled away from Killian and stood. He was sure she thought he was insane with imaginary friends or something. He hadn't decided what he would do. Telling her the entire truth seemed like the only option, but he really didn't want to. His youtube life and real life had never collided like this before. He never predicted it would ever even be an issue.

"Uh, we'll talk later, like I promised. Do you want to stay for dinner?" Corpse asked, turning back to the pots and pans he had on the stove. "It's just spaghetti but-"

"We will stay!" Killian decided.

Corpse laughed at him. "Let's see what Mommy says first." He diverted his attention to Weston.

"Sure, if that's okay. If you want time alone, that's really okay, too," Weston proposed, trying to gauge if Corpse was serious or not.

There were days when she just wanted a break from being a parent, so she would totally understand if he wanted his life back. She had already left the burden of her son on him for two days in a row.

"Nope, I already dumped all the noodles in anyway," Corpse replied sassily, winking at her before focusing on cooking dinner.

NOTE!!

how are we feeling so far?? do you like it?
this is really just a filler before corpse starts explaining things so
thank you for all the reads and votes and comments. i read every single one and you all are angels.
next update; 1/3 9pm est