SANTA (11)

After setting everything up in Corpse's apartment, they sat around the lit tree and opened presents. Surprisingly, Corpse had also gotten Weston and Killian gifts.

"I love it, Killy," Corpse said, genuinely excited. She liked that about him; he never faked things, not even with Killian. Corpse was an open book, and he wore his heart on his sleeve. He had so much patience with Killian.

"I thought we could make matching ones, and wear them when we play games!" Killian said excitedly, pointing to the letters and beads. "I made sure Mommy got the black ones too so you could match your clothes."

"Well, I love it, thank you buddy," Corpse said again, smiling sweetly at the small boy.

He handed his gift to Killian. It was huge, and shaped like a rectangle. Corpse could barely get his arms around it. The wrapping paper was a little puffy but it was the thought that counted, and Weston appreciated Killian getting a gift from Corpse anyway. He had never received anything from anyone but her.

Killian opened the present quickly, continuing to say thank you before he even knew what it was.

It was a big play-doh pack, with a variety of colors and little tools. The most exciting part for Killian, was the dinosaur stencils.

"Holy shit," Weston muttered.

"I thought we could do it together when he came over next time, and there's little activity books that go along with teaching him about different dinosaurs and stuff like that..." Corpse explained, feeling insecure about it. He didn't really know what Killian liked.

Killian was looking at it with wide eyes, taking in every part of the gift.

"Oh my goodness!" He finally said, looking up at Corpse happily. "I love it! Mommy, can we open it now?!"

Corpse couldn't hide his smile. He was proud to say he did good.

"Not now, baby. Corpse wants to do it with you, so next time you're here you guys can do that," Weston responded with a smile. She mouthed a silent thank you to Corpse. He nodded lightly at her.

"Mommy," Killian said quietly, just to grab her attention. "Why doesn't Santa like me? Did I do something wrong?"

His voice was so sweet, and Weston couldn't lie to him again. "Baby..." she scooted closer to him, and placed him into her lap. He laid his head against her chest, hugging her tightly. Weston rocked him slightly, kissing the top of his head.

She couldn't formulate what to say, or how to explain this. She couldn't go back on what she had told him before, but she felt horrible.

"Killian, bub, look at me," Corpse said softly. Killian turned his head, looking at Corpse with tear stained cheeks. "You and Mommy will spend Christmas Eve here, and you can wait for Santa to leave presents under the tree, and on Christmas morning, we'll open them all together, okay?" He proposed, trying to keep an eye on Killian, but mainly focusing his attention on Weston for approval.

"Really? So we can use your tree?"

"Of course, bub," Corpse said happily, scooting closer to the two, and rubbing his hand soothingly over Killian's back. He seemed happier now, but hadn't made any moves to come off of Weston's lap.

With Corpse sitting so close to her, she could smell his cologne and hair products. They were side by side, comforting Killian as he watched the christmas tree lights twinkle. Seeing Corpse so gentle, she felt so incredibly overwhelmed. She couldn't pull her focus away from his hands, lips, cologne... it all felt like too much. Indulging in him, she boldly tilted her body, leaning her back into his chest. Corpse's arms wrapped around her immediately.

Shifting them slightly, he ended up with his back against the couch, with Weston leaning her back into his chest, and Killian still curled into her chest.

They sat for a few moments, Weston encouraging Killian to sleep by running her fingers through his hair. When his eyes finally closed, and snores came from his mouth, Corpse was in awe. She was such a good mother.

Impulsively overcome with fondness, he kissed the top of her head gently. She turned to look at him, sitting up a little to give herself enough space to look back at him over her shoulders.

She raised her eyebrows teasingly, silently asking him why he had done that. He shrugged, giving her a cheesy smile. He moved from behind her gracefully, picking up Killian from her lap so she could move. Instead of putting him on the couch, he laid him down in his own bed. It was odd for him to see a small kid in his room, but he knew Killian wouldn't stay asleep on the couch. Not with them talking.

"He stayed asleep," Weston asked, watching Corpse gently close his bedroom door and come back into the living room. "My son has seen more rooms in this apartment than I have," she teased.

"Yup, it's because I like him more," Corpse joked back. When he walked up to her, he got closer than he expected. They were a mere few inches apart; Corpse could practically feel her breath on his chest.

"Do you?" Weston asked, voice lower now. She was inching towards him, nearly touching.

"I-I..."

Weston smiled playfully, "that's what I thought," she whispered.