KISS (15)

"What's the plan?" Weston asked, her southern accent strong due to her exhaustion.

"For what?" Corpse asked, still playing on his phone.

"Uh... tonight and tomorrow?" Weston said, now feeling insecure for some reason.

"You're spending the night here, right?" Corpse asked, as if they had already discussed this before.

Weston considered it. It didn't make much sense for her to stay when she had a perfectly good room for herself right next door. But she also didn't want to leave him.... or Killian.

"I can, if that's okay," she said shyly.

"I was going to move Killian to my studio. There's a couch in there that pulls out to a bed. You can sleep in my room and I'll take the couch," Corpse said. He had clearly already thought this through, which confused her but she went with it.

"Okay. While you move Killy, I'll put the gifts out."

Corpse nodded, but didn't take any initiative to move from the table. Weston got the wrapped presents from the hallway closet she had hidden them in, and placed them by the tree neatly. Corpse and Weston still hadn't exchanged their gifts for each other, so she made sure they were in the front and easy to find for the following day.

When she turned around, Killian and Corpse were gone. Weston waited on the couch, scrolling through her youtube recommendations. It was weird, with a mixture of Corpse content and Killian's kid videos. She clicked on one after reading the title: "Corpse defends Killian's Mom from chat."

"I didn't want to say anything while Killian was in here, but just by the way, Killian's mom is great mother. The way she loves her son, and what she even had to go through to get where she is now, is fucking insane. So, don't talk shit about a situation you have no fucking clue about."

An emergency meeting was called, but it was clipped out of the video.

"Yeah, that just actually fucking pissed me off. Like, she's a single fucking mother. Some people have bills to pay that they can barely afford. She's responsible for putting those priorities first over some made up, fucking, tradition, ya know."

She heard a door close and saw Corpse coming down the hallway.

She quickly closed her phone before he heard anymore.

"I can sleep on the couch, it's really no problem," Weston commented, meaning it. It would feel like an invasion of his privacy to sleep in his room, and she wasn't entirely okay with making him feel uncomfortable, even if he didn't say anything.

"It's fine, really." He motioned casually towards her phone next to her. "You, uh, you saw my, uh, my stream."

Weston nodded, her throat tightening with tears. She wouldn't admit it willingly, but she was hurt by their words. She was hurt that Corpse had to explain it in the first place. Killian should be spending christmas with a large family, like she did when she was a child. He should be able to make cookies, and watch christmas movies, and wrestle with his cousins. He should have a stable father figure.

But here she was, unable to change anything now. She was spending christmas with a neighbor she had only gotten to know over the course of one week, a neighbor who she couldn't figure out.

"I meant it."

Weston looked up into his eyes, tears filling her own.

"Everything I said in the stream, I meant it."

Weston nodded, a few tears falling down her cheeks. She felt emotional and inadequate, and she couldn't calm down.

Corpse hugged her tightly, pulling her into his arms. She cried silently into his shirt.

He didn't know what was wrong, not entirely, but he couldn't help it. He didn't like seeing her cry, not over something he had ultimately caused.

"It's okay," he tried to comfort her, running his fingers through her hair. "You gotta ignore them... I'm sorry for bringing you into this. If I... if I could take it back, I would," he assured.

Weston shook her head at that, but couldn't get any words out.

She sniffled. "I don't know why I'm so emotional," she tried to laugh it off, not really wanting to talk about her feelings. "I... I'm happy Killian knows you," Weston tried to say, without saying anything entirely.

The friendship she had developed with Corpse was so confusing for her to understand. It was hard and she really didn't want to mess it up. But the more she looked at him, the more she wanted to kiss him. The worst part of all of this was, she could imagine a life with him, even when she barely knew him. He was too good with Killian for her to consider anyone else being in his place.

He inched closer to her, one of his hands cupping her cheeks. He wiped away the final tear, his thumb lingering. "I'm happy I know him, Weston."

Her name sounded so good coming out of his mouth. As both hands came up to her cheeks, she tangled her fingers in his hair, pushing their faces closer together. Their noses were nearly touching now.

He finally closed the gap between them, their lips piecing together. The kiss was tender, and more passionate than she would've expected from him and his tough exterior. His hands trailed down her body and rested onto her hips, gripping them tightly. With their chests together, she could feel his hard chest against hers, making her feel so much hotter.

    Their hands roamed each other's bodies, Corpse's hands making their way under her shirt, his rings cold against her warm waist.

Holy shit.

    "We, we gotta stop," he muttered, pulling away from her. "You... you have Killian, oh god."

    Her heart felt like it was beating out of her chest. She had a son. She had a son that loved Corpse, and wouldn't want to leave him when all of this came to bite them in the ass.

    "I... I don't want to stop," she huffed.

  Weston understood why he thought this was a bad idea. She was a mom, for fucks sake.

    But kissing him was addictive.

    Each time his tongue touched hers, it felt as if the ground beneath them shook, like they were a cataclysmic event that shouldn't be and Weston had always been self-destructive.