VALENTINES (27)

She slid away from him gently, pulling her pillow into his arms to replace her body.

She was shivering the second her feet hit the hardwood floor.

Weston quietly exited the apartment, going to her own to grab everything she needed. As she was formulating a proper plan, she realized how little she and Killian actually stayed at home. Briefly, she thought maybe Killian needed to stay back at home, in his own bed, with his own space for a few days. It would be good for him. Before she think anymore, she focused back on the gifts. She made it look pretty there, before carrying everything back over to his apartment.

Killian was sleeping soundly on the couch so she had to be quiet as she placed the large dinosaur stuffed animal and chocolates on the dining room table extravagantly. She made Corpse's basket of goodies look nicer, and placed it on his side of the table.

"Mommy?" Killian mumbled, rubbing his eyes harshly, and sitting up.

"Good morning, bug," Weston smiled, coming to snuggle him on the couch.

Killian was cuddly in the morning, and took a long time to wake up. He wanted to relax, and wake up slowly. It made her life a lot easier, especially when she was getting ready for work.

"How'd you sleep baby?"

Killian didn't answer, just nodding and burying his face into her neck. Weston would never make him stop. She tried her best to be patient, and take all that she could get from him while he was still willing to give it. Eventually, the older he got, the less interested he would become in being so attached to his mother. She wanted to take advantage of every moment she had left.

Killian hadn't said anything about Friday night. All day Saturday Weston wanted to sit him down and talk everything through, but Corpse kept her from doing so. She knew Killian would be more comfortable with talking about it on his own. She tried to let it go, but it had only been a day and she was still antsy about everything going on. It felt too good to last.

Closing her own eyes, and sitting with him in silence, she didn't notice Corpse come into the living room. He brushed a hand over her hair gently, knowing if he spoke first it would startle them.

"Morning, bub," his voice gravely. He kissed her head, sitting next to them on the couch and pulling them into his arms.

They sat in silence, and snuggled for awhile, until Killian was ready to get the day started.

"Woah," he said excitedly, not quite awake. "It's a big dino!"

He pulled the stuffed animal from the table, the dinosaur nearly as tall as he was. "What's this for?" he asked, looking to Weston while his small hand stroked the soft fur.

"It's Valentine's day. Happy Valentine's day, Killian," Weston smiled sweetly, giving him a long hug.

"I forgot!! Thank you, Mommy," Killian said gratefully, still focused on the treats he had on the table.

Corpse had walked over to his own basket. Most of the things were snacks, but he could see a few smaller items he had needed, like new deodorant, underwear, and socks.

"I didn't want to go overboard."

He looked up at her, a smile playing on his lips. "It's perfect, bub, thank you," he said happily. "I've never really gotten anything for Valentine's day before."

Weston made a mental note to ask him about that later, knowing he was too happy for her to bring him down with some stupid question about his past relationships.

She stood in the kitchen, trying to find breakfast, hoping to distract herself from the fact that her feelings were hurt. She tried hard to ignore it, hoping Corpse wouldn't notice and get upset with her. It was stupid to expect anything. They were literally on their second day of dating.

She pulled out eggs and bacon from the fridge, opting for something simple instead of straining herself to make something complicated.

Corpse set up the TV for Killian, letting him watch disney channel before breakfast.

"Bub," he hugged her from behind, kissing her neck gently. His voice was still so rich from morning voice, making the hairs on her arms raise.

"Yeah," she tried to keep her voice steady.

"I have something for you, but later," he said quietly, continuing to kiss on her neck and jawline.

Weston felt stupid then, for thinking he got her nothing. She needed to stop overthinking. It would ruin everything. She turned in his arms, facing him, smiling up at him. She felt so special, to be this close, close enough to see the faint freckles littering his cheeks, and the remnants of eyeliner on his lower lash line.

"I love you," she said confidently, burying herself into his hug.

"I love you, bub."

NOTE!!
okay so new schedule starting today where i post daily.
i wish i could promise some sort of time frame about when i post, but it really just depends on my day to day schedule.
if i ever miss a day, expect two chapters the following day to make up for it

also, something to note, the further we go in this story the less stream based it will become. eventually they'll have to develop more as a family and that cant happen if i'm only going off of what corpse irl is doing

anyway i love you all dearly