NATHAN (40)

They had talked about it with him multiple times, and yet, he was still asking the same questions.

    With a hand on Weston's thigh for comfort, Corpse tried to answer Killian's questions to the best of his ability, without trying to be biased. But honestly, he was struggling.

    He didn't necessarily want this to be successful. He wanted Killian to hate every second of all of this. But he knew Killian needed to figure out these feelings on his own. If he liked Nathan, they would co-parent. They would work through it, the three or four of them together. But Jesus, Corpse didn't want that in the slightest.

    "What do I call him again?" Killian asked, still a little confused as to what was truly happening. They had talked through it, and he agreed on his own, but understanding that the guy you've been calling your dad, isn't your dad, but instead a stranger is... Weston understood why a six year old didn't fully understand it all.

    "You call him whatever you would like to. His first name is Nathan, and he is your biological dad," Corpse repeated the information, like he had so many times before.

    "So I call him... Mr. Nathan?"

    "If thats what you want, thats fine," Corpse approved, trying to give Killian was a smile, but ultimately cringing.

    They had decided it was best for Killian and Weston to meet with Nathan and his wife in a public setting, without Corpse involved. Part of it was the anxiety of someone recognizing him, or if Nathan decided he wanted to leak anything about Corpse to the public, since he had clearly done his research. The other part was Weston wanting to give Killian a fair, and fighting chance. She wanted to do what was best for Killian, and maybe this was it, even if she didn't want to.

    Pulling into the small diner they had agreed to meet at, Weston felt her heart rate quicken. She was so fucking nervous. She wanted to do this with Corpse, but it was better they didn't.

    He looked at her with sad, but hopeful eyes. "You're a beautiful mother to our son, Weston. I love you. We got this, baby, no matter what happens," Corpse reassured, his own voice wavering slightly. He tilted her head down slightly, thumb on her chin. Kissing her forehead lightly, then her nose, he whispered "I love you" before letting them get out of the car.

    Corpse stayed in the car. As he pulled away, he watched Killian and Weston walk through the doors, hand in hand. He wanted to follow behind them, hold his son in his arms, and walk in like a badass. Prove himself to this dipshit.

    But he couldn't. He wouldn't. It wouldn't be good for him, or his career, or any of their futures.

    Was it all that important? Was all of the shit, sitting on his desktop, more important than what was right in front of him? The music, the tweets, even his online friends... he was becoming unsure.

    Sitting at the booth, Weston immediately recognized Nathan. Although he was older, he didn't look it. He seemed happy though, and nervous, at least from what Weston recognized of his facial expressions.

    "Hi," Nathan spoke first.

    Killian was shy, hiding behind Weston immediately at the sound of an unfamiliar voice. When they did sit, Killian kept his face buried in her side, only glancing at Nathan and the woman sitting next to him.

    "Um, sorry, he's shy," Weston quickly explained, feeling both of their eyes on her as she tried to encourage Killian to sit up. "Come on, baby, it's okay," she whispered, running a hand over his curls.

    "H-Hi," Killian did a shy small wave at them both. "I'm, I'm Killian," he introduced himself politely, looking to Weston for approval.

    She smiled nervously at him and looked up. Nathan and his wife were staring at them with intensity.