SELFISH (45)

Corpse pulled away from her. "What the fuck?" His tone was harsh, and she could tell he was angry.

    "Corpse, it's cheaper. I have family there-"

    "Oh," he laughed dryly, "as if you don't have family here?"

    "You know what I mean, Corpse," Weston sighed. She tried to grab his hand, and he immediately pulled away. "Corpse, please don't be angry."

    "You're trying to tell me not to be angry when you want to move our son across the country. Do you realize how fucking stupid that is?" And yeah, he was being a little mean, but he was also hurt and pissed off. "You didn't even give me a chance to fucking help you, Weston. You try to do everything on your own so much that when you actually can't handle the shit that's going on, you end up destroying everything in your path. Stop being so selfish, and talk to me about what we can do to make this better for Killian, and for you," Corpse lectured. His voice was stone cold.

    "You're too busy to help me, Corpse! Between the music, the streams-"

    "But somehow, Weston, I'm not too busy to watch Killian while you work, huh? It's almost like, when something is a priority, you figure it the fuck out," he snapped. "All you had to do was talk to me about it instead of ignoring me for a week straight. That was literally it."

    Weston looked down at her lap. He was right. But she wanted to do it on her own. She wanted to prove that she could do it. But prove it to who? At what cost?

    "You're right," she choked out. She looked up at him, tears falling down her cheeks. "I'm sorry."

    "I know you're sorry, Weston. But..." Corpse sighed angrily. "You can't do this shit. You didn't even fucking consider me or how I would feel if you actually went through with that decision. How the fuck can we expect the world to see us as Killian's parents if you still see otherwise? You still consider yourself as a single mother, like I'm not here to help you. Like I don't care for Killian just as much as you do. That's what pisses me off."

    Corpse slid her off his lap, pushing her gently, and he stood. "When you actually want to act like an adult, and act like we are a fucking team, we can figure it out. Right now, you're being selfish, and you know it."

    He went to her room. She stayed on the kitchen floor, crying to herself quietly. She didn't mean to hurt his feelings so bad.

    He came out dressed, his keys wallet and phone grasped in one of his hands. He slipped on his shoes at the door. With one hand on the handle he faced her. "I love you. I will always love you. I just need... I need a little bit. Have Killian call me."

    And he left.

NOTE!!
okayyyy so two short chapters that equal one big drama
scaryyy
i promise it had to get bad before it got better! we still have a long way to go with weston and corpse and killian.

i love you all dearly. sorry for making you cry all the time. lol