BIRTHDAY PARTY (37)

They had been in the car for thirty minutes and Killian was getting antsy. They had thirty minutes left of their ride to Rae's, Corpse driving them so Weston could make sure all of their friends were ready when they arrived.

    "Mommy?" Killian whined from the backseat. "I want chicken nuggets!"

    "Killian, we will eat soon, buddy. Do you want to play "i spy?"

    They played "i spy" in the car to hold him over from his complaining.

    Pulling down their street, Killian recognized where they were. "We are going to see Rae?"

    Killian was nearly shaking with excitement, Corpse reminding him to keep his seat belt buckled while they were still driving. Weston sent a quick text, announcing their arrival before they parked, and Killian rushed to get out of the car.

    "Oh my goodness!" Killian squealed, wanting to run straight to the front door.

    Corpse called him back over, and picked him up, placing him on his hip. "We have to wait until they answer the door, Killian. Manners, remember?"

"Yes, daddy. I'm just excited!" He was bouncing in his arms. Corpse laughed at him and shook his head.

    Weston smiled at them before knocking on the door.

    She opened it herself, revealing the large group of their friends. "Surprise!"

    Killian squealed from shock, jumping down from Corpse's arms, and running straight to the group.

    The decorations was so much more than either of them expected. It was incredibly professional looking, compared to what Weston imagined a six year old's birthday party.

    "Holy shit," Corpse muttered, looking around just as shocked as Weston. Between the large amount of people there to celebrate her son, and the effort they put in, Weston was in tears. She hugged Corpse, burying her head into his chest to hide her tears. He rubbed her back soothingly. "I'm so proud of him, Wes."

    Weston nodded, kissing him quickly before wiping her tears and greeting everyone. She made sure to thank every person who was there, getting lost in the crowd. With the music playing, and people talking it got loud fast.

    "Daddy!" She heard Killian shout.

    She parted from the conversation she was in to go find Killian, in case Corpse didn't have the chance to do so.

    She met with Corpse at Killian's side at the same time, both of them bending down to his level. He had gotten a little lost in the crowd, too many people surrounding him. Corpse picked him up, kissing his head gently, and held him so he wouldn't get lost again.

    They continued to talk until someone suggested playing games together. They played games for a long time, then moved on to food, cake, and presents. Killian was so happy with everything, and incredibly involved with each of their friends. He hopped around from lap to lap, loving on each of them. He got tons of presents, including a new gaming chair from Rae.

    The later it got, the more people started to leave, leaving only Weston, Killian, Corpse, Rae and her roommates, Toast, and Sykkuno at the house.

    "I didn't know Killian called Corpse his dad. Sounds like things have changed quite a bit since we last spoke," Toast teased while Weston was cleaning the kitchen for Rae.

    Weston laughed. "Yeah, uh, he did it before I even knew so," she shrugged.

    "Moving pretty fast," Toast said, trying to joke.

    "Yeah, kinda," Weston dismissed.

    Toast dried the dishes she had hand-washed, helping her complete the kitchen.

    "I'm happy Corpse has you," Toast complimented awkwardly. He wasn't the type to be open about his feelings.

    "I'm more happy to have him. He... he helps me more than he knows. Killian loves him. There's really... I can't imagine my life without him in it, honestly," she confessed openly. "I know you're uh... you're pretty particular about your relationships right?"

    "Not particular... just.... I know what I want. I have a lot. I want someone who understands that," Toast elaborated.

    She hummed in response. "I thought I would never find someone who would be okay with me having a kid."

    "I think Corpse was nervous as hell. He doesn't talk to me about that stuff much. We talk about mental shit, and drugs, and all of the shit that's torn us down, but we don't discuss you or Killian. There's never anything wrong, so it doesn't make it into our depressing conversations," Toast tried to laugh it off, but his tone was sad.

    Weston looked to him. His expression had faltered. "You know... you have Corpse, but you have me too," she reminded gently. "I know what it's like to feel disconnected from your own surroundings. Like.. like you don't actually exist. Corpse doesn't know much about who I was before Killian. But I will say, I've had my fair share of drugs and alcohol on nights where figuring it out on my own felt impossible. Don't let yourself drown. You have to come up for air eventually."

    His eyes were down, and Weston knew he was probably trying to hold back tears. She pulled her into her arms, giving him a motherly hug. "You don't have to do it on your own," she whispered in his ear.

    He squeezed her slightly tighter before letting go. "Thank you," he muttered.

    Weston smiled at him. "Let's go play games."

NOTE!!
cute little toast and weston moment. i know a lot of you like them together lol
drama filled next chapter ;)