AIRPORT (51)

Corpse sighed, running his fingers through Killian's one last time before patting him, signaling that he could go now.

    "Please come with us, Corpse," Weston begged after Killian left the room.

    Corpse gave her a look. "You know how I feel about this, Weston," he sighed again, tangling his hand in his own curls, pulling at the roots. "Stop asking when you already know."

    He was pissed, and trying hard not to take it out on her. But it was her fault, and they both knew that.

    Weston put her head in her hands, teetering on the edge of the bathtub. It felt stupid to be arguing yet again, and in the bathroom. Like come on.

    "You know how many fucking times I've disregarded my feelings to be there for you when you're struggling?" Weston brought up, her voice low and quiet, trying not to get loud and angry like they had so many times before.

    "And I'm grateful for that, Weston. But I asked you to go with me to see my friends. I needed your help with my mental health. I wanted you to be there while I was being poked and prodded at with needles for hours on end. I didn't ask you to go with me to the fucking airport to pick up my parents who abandoned me with a fucking child on my own. I would say this is a little different than my health problems," Corpse was growling out his words, teeth clenched and eyes stone.

    Weston rolled her eyes at him. "Yeah, sorry for expecting so much from you, Corpse. My bad," Weston said sarcastically.

    "That is a lot, Weston! I don't fucking leave the house, and you're asking me to go with you to an airport!"

    "You can sit in the car with your son!"

    "Oh, so when it's convenient for you, he's my son? But otherwise, he's yours? Okay, Weston."

    "Corpse, you know that's not what I mean. Stop thinking I'm constantly trying to manipulate you!"

    Weston was standing now, chest heaving with anger and stress.

    She sighed, trying to calm herself down. "Corpse..." her tone had completely changed. She sounded so defeated, yet desperate, like this was her last chance.

    Corpse wanted to continue to fight. He wanted to stick to his word, and make it known that he hated that her parents would be staying in San Diego to visit for a few days. He didn't want to meet them. or encourage them to stay for dinner. He didn't want to go to the zoo with them and Killian. He wanted to sit in his room and sulk.

    But they were on a plane. They would land in a little less than an hour. And fighting Weston, even now, wasn't going to change that it was happening, whether he liked it or not.

    "Corpse, please. I'm so scared. I don't..." she was crying now, "I don't think I can do this on my own. I don't want to do it alone."

    He sighed before pulling her into his chest for comfort. "I'm scared, too," he admitted quietly.

    And he was telling the full truth. This scared the hell out of him. Being around a family wasn't exactly his favorite thing in the world. He didn't know how Weston would act around her parents, and he didn't know how they would act around Killian or him. He was terrified. If Weston cared this much about them and their approval, what would happen if they didn't approve of him?

    He wasn't trying to be an asshole truly, he was just terrified. But so was she, and who was he to add more to that? He would have to give it up eventually, because she wasn't going to budge. Not after they had already boarded the flight and flown all the way across the country.

    Weston had been frequently talking to her mother and father for two months. They called a few times a week, catching up quickly, and they knew about Corpse. For not knowing him, they oddly supported him, almost like he was their own. They hadn't talked to him on the phone, but they did talk to Killian a few times, and he told them all about his daddy and his streams. They watched every single one after that.

     It shocked him, but also made him terrified. Like everyone else, they had an expectation about what he looked like, but also how he acted.

    She pulled back, looking into his eyes, one hand on his scarred cheek. "If this doesn't go well, you'll be the one to stay. Not them. I don't want you to doubt that."

    And somehow, maybe it was because she was mother, but she knew what to say, and it was the reassurance he relied on.

    He nodded, kissing her forehead gently. "Ill stay in the car with Killian," he agreed, making her smile.

NOTE!!
parents next chapter!!
woo