FIGURING IT OUT (39)

Weston picked Killian up from school early. Corpse held her hand in the car, looking to her nervously. She was being too quiet.

    Her eyes held nothing. She was emotionless, unable to process Corpse's words. Instead, he tried to distract Killian, telling him they just wanted to spend some time together as a family and that's why he got checked out of school.

    He was happy to hear that, and luckily let it go.

    "Weston, baby," Corpse urged her to exit the car, now that they had sat in the parking lot for a few minutes. Killian was already out of the car and half way up the stairs, waiting for them. "We have to go inside."

    She looked to him and nodded, seeming to snap out of it.

    Killian found a snack in Corpse's pantry before Corpse gave Killian permission to play on the nintendo switch in his room. He had been obsessed with Mario Kart since playing it at his birthday party.

    "I can't afford to fight him in court over Killian, Corpse. I'll lose," Weston said, staring at the wall.

    She was silently crying, but her face didn't show any emotions. It made Corpse incredibly nervous.

    "I wouldn't let that happen, Weston. I will do everything I can to-"

    "He'll still win. He's the biological father. He has a house, he goes on vacations. He can support Killian better than I can."

    Corpse grabbed her arm to get her attention, making her look at him. His gaze was hard, pulling her focus to him. "Don't fucking say that shit. You know that's not true," Corpse growled. "We are Killian's parents. He isn't shit. You're acting like he's on his way right now, backseat ready to put Killian's car seat in it. That's not how this works. Don't give up before there's even something to fight for."

    He was frustrated, and not entirely with her, but sure, she could be handling this better. She was acting like Corpse wasn't part of the equation, like he didn't matter in all of this. She was acting like he wouldn't care if Killian left. Like he didn't love Killian like he was his own.

    "I...I.."

    "You can't afford it, but I can. I will do all I can," Corpse reiterated, pulling her into his chest. His tone was still full of frustration. "Don't say that shit," he mumbled against her head, before kissing her lightly.

    She nodded. "I haven't responded to his messages, but he knows I've read them now."

    "He only said he would take legal action if you didn't let him see Killian? What a fucking piece of shit," Corpse growled. He was trying hard to control his temper. But this was so fucking annoying. This piece of fucking shit.

    "I... I want to do what's best for Killian," Weston mumbled.

    Corpse nodded. He personally thought Killian would be fine without all of this mess. What the fuck would happen? They would come up with a custody agreement where Killian was forced to go be with strangers every other weekend? Hell no.

    "I think what's best is to keep him away from that prick-"

    Weston was agreeing before he could finish. "I know, I know. But if we ask Killian, and he agrees to meet him once, and he hates him, then thats it. It's said and done, and we will hope Nathan will leave us alone. If Killian likes him... we'll go from there," Weston proposed.

    Corpse felt nauseous, like he could fucking vomit for hours and this still wouldn't calm the storm in his chest and stomach. He nodded, though, agreeing with her idea. What a joke.

    "I love you both so much," he reminded her, trying to calm his own head. All he could imagine was losing them both to Weston's past. It was his biggest fucking nightmare.

    He had a family. It sounded insane, and a year ago, he wouldn't have believed it, but holy hell. Now, life wouldn't go forward without them. They were all he had ever wanted and more.

    "I love you. And Killian loves you. I know my kid, Corpse, and he would never give you up," Weston reassured, running a hand gently through Corpse's curls, tugging at the ends.

    Corpse tried to soothe his anxiety before Weston picked up on it herself. She laid back on the couch, letting him get comfortable on her chest before massaging his scalp with her fingers. He took deep breaths, inhaling her scent, and trying to remind himself they wouldn't be going anywhere.

    Even if he was unsure if that was actually true.

NOTE!!
thats the end of the little chapter marathon for the night
drama is coming over the course of the next few chapters

how do you feel??
i love you all dearly. thank you for helping me with my health issues. love love love you.