Chapter 12 ~ Liam

Chapter 12 ~ Liam

At the end, we all are part of Louis’ flash mob. Even Darcy, though she laughs all the time and for a moment I think that maybe it would’ve been a good idea to make a flash mob for her, until Louis asks her “If someone, let’s say Liam, had prepared this for you, would you have liked it?”

“I don’t think so,” she answers and I look at Louis triumphal, I even stick my tongue out at him. “It’s too big, I rather more private things. Simple gestures, you know,” she explains and now I understand why she said yes to me minutes ago.

I can’t believe we are actually going on a date. Just the two of us. I thought I would have to wait longer before asking her out, I certainly didn’t plan doing it there, but it just came out of my mouth. I just felt like it was the moment to ask her. When we were there, still in the shop, when the rest of the world seemed to have vanished around us, it felt like the perfect moment. Right there, looking her in the eyes. It was a simple gesture, something that didn’t make her uncomfortable, and thus successful.

“But I’m sure Eleanor will love it,” she adds when she sees how Louis loses his smile. She even pats his shoulder encouragingly. “This will turn out great!”

I chuckle softly at how optimistic she is, then I look at Harry and Niall, playing with Lizzie and Justin, Niall’s new stuffed animal, a giraffe. Yes, Justin as in Justin Bieber. Lizzie’s idea, and Niall took it. Zayn is laughing at them.

My eyes go back to Darcy and my smile grows. I really fancy her, she’s sweet, kind, caring, nice, easy-going, mature, thoughtful. And I just barely know her. She’s just so open about herself and the way she is, she doesn’t hide the kind of person she is or the things she likes and dislikes. She can’t help being nice and kind to everyone, she can’t help being so caring to Lizzie, and she smiles in that sweet and adorable way.

As if she can sense my eyes on her, she turns around with that smile of hers that shows off her little dimples. “Maybe we should call it a day for now,” I say out loud, though my gaze is still on Darcy.

“Yes, I think it’s a good idea,” Zayn agrees. “We should all go for ice-cream or something. What do ya think?”

We all agree, Lizzie being the most excited one. Like that we spend the rest of the afternoon; chatting and eating ice-cream. I don’t get much time alone with Darcy, but that’s okay. I’m taking her out anyways, and no one will interrupt us when that happens. For now, we can all have a good time together.

“We’re going out today, you can come with us,” Harry invites Darcy when we are in our way to drive them to their house.

“Thanks for the invitation, but I think I’ll pass. I don’t have anyone to take care of Lizzie and it has been a long day,” she replies and a part of me gets really disappointed that she doesn’t want to come with us. “Plus, I’m not the partying type,” she adds and Harry nods. I guess that it makes more sense that way, besides, I don’t want her to do something she doesn’t want to just to go along with us.

“That’s okay. Maybe another time,” the curly-haired boy tries again and she smiles kindly.

“Maybe.”

A few minutes later we are in front of their house, and I get off first to help Darcy. Lizzie is sleeping in Harry’s arms. She was really tired for all the dancing and playing with the lads, so she fell asleep on the ride. “Can you help me take her inside?” Darcy asks Harry and he nods smiling.

We follow her to the door and wait until she opens it, then we all walk inside. I wait in the living room while Darcy leads Harry to Lizzie’s room. I take a look of Darcy’s home. It’s a big house, maybe too big for only her and her little sister, but it’s nice and cosy, very tidy and it’s clear that no man lives under that roof. The decoration is too feminine.