Epilogue ~ Lizzie

Epilogue ~ Lizzie

I look down though the little window next to my seat and I see London, just small buildings and red dots, I think they are buses but I can’t be sure. We’re still too high in the sky, approaching to the airport. I can’t get rid of the smile on my face and my legs bounce in sheer excitement. I’m so close, I’ll see my sister in a few minutes. It’s been a couple of months since the last time we saw each other but since she got a job she can’t visit us as much as when she was in Uni.

I can’t believe it’s been more than five years since she left and came back to London. I’m fifteen now and yes, I still live in Chile with Mum. I had the option to come here and study in England, but I’m really fond of Chile. Small little country, it grew on me since I was a kid. Plus, my life is there now. I guess I understand Darcy better now. If I had to come here because Mum got a new job, I wouldn’t be happy. I would want to go back to Concepción all the time, because that’s my home now. Still, I visit Darcy every summer and she does the same during her summer –my winter.

Many things have happened during these past five years. First, I’m in high school now and Mum is doing great. She tries to convince me all the time to study Geology, and I must admit, it’s a fascinating subject, but I feel more attracted to veterinary. Darcy graduated from Uni with honours, now she is a prestigious journalist. She got a job in a new and promising magazine for the woman of today. I love that magazine. She is very happy, so I guess she’s kept her promise.

Yes, I know… I know what you’re asking. Don’t be so impatient! I was going to get to this point eventually.

Liam and Darcy are still together, disgustingly happy, if I say so myself. Yes, they have had some fights, Darcy has called me crying and yelling because Liam is an idiot, but then she calls me two days later saying she is the happiest woman alive.

Being in love is weird.

Yes, One Direction does still exist, but they are not as massive anymore nor that pop. I guess they will always have fan, they are quite loyal, but there’s always something new who steals the hearts of the fans. But I think it’s a good thing, they already had their highlight in their career, now they can really focus on the music they want to make and they have time for themselves. Plus, paparazzi don’t follow them all the time, which allows them to go out without worries. It’s a good thing for everyone, they now can spend more time with their families.

Darcy and Liam live together, Brit is still with them and she got a boyfriend a few years ago that also lives with them. His name is Apollo and he is completely adorable. Darcy teases me that when I come to see them I spend more time with Brit and Apollo than with them. Which is kind of true, I just can’t help it; animals are my strength and weakness.

Harry, Louis, Zayn and Niall are great too, still as close as they were when I met them. I really consider them my overprotective uncles. I’m sure that if one day I get a boyfriend, that poor boy will pee himself because the four of them, plus Liam and Carter will scare the hell out of him if he ever dares to hurt me.

I can’t say I don’t have a big family.

We finally land and I just want to run, knowing the Darcy and Liam are waiting for me to spend two months together. Mum will come to visit in February, during January she’ll keep working on a new project.

I hurry as much as I can to pick my luggage so I can meet with my sister as soon as possible. Soon I find myself running, searching frantically for her. Now she has her hair long, which makes her look younger, I believe. I finally spot her, holding hands with a more mature Liam. His face lost all the remaining boy features from when I met him and now he looks like a man, not teenager anymore. After all, he is twenty-five.