Chapter 15 ~ Darcy

Chapter 15 ~ Darcy

 His lips are soft and gentle on mine, moving slowing, tasting carefully, trying not to scare me off and I really appreciate that gesture of him. The kiss is sweet, is tender, is perfect and soon I start losing awareness of my surroundings and I can only feel the taste of his lips, the touch of his hand on my cheek, the tenderness of this kiss.

I give in the kiss as well, my arms loop around his neck bringing me closer to him and soon I feel his other arm around my waist, bringing me even closer. I barely hear how this leaves a mess with all the things we have around us, but I can’t care less. I can only thing of Liam, I can only feel his kiss.

He deepens the kiss, cocking his head to his right just to make this more comfortable as he hugs me tightly. My hands go up his head enjoying the texture of his short hairs against my palms giving me tingly sensations, the same that spread to the rest of my body making me feel all bubbly inside.

I know I need to breathe and he broke the kiss only long enough to catch our breath, soon his lips are on mine again and his hands on my back, pressing me closely against his firm body.

I’m not an expert at kissing. Truth be told, I’ve only been kissed a couple of times and it never felt like this. I never felt like I was losing myself in a kiss, I never felt like there were fireworks in my belly, I never felt like I could do this forever. Those kisses were nothing compared to the moment Liam’s lips pressed against mine.

Somehow, our kiss ends naturally and we look into each other’s eyes. I know I’m wearing a stupid grin but I can’t help it, and he’s just the same, but his smile is precious and breath taking. Or maybe it’s just that I need to catch my breathe after depriving my lungs from oxygen for a while.

I don’t say anything. Honestly, I can’t think of anything to say that won’t ruin the perfect moment.

“Better than I ever imagined,” he says so softly and I feel my cheeks burning, at which he chuckles. “I love when you blush. You look even cuter,” Liam adds and cue to his words my cheeks burn brighter.

“You have a talent to make me blush,” I reply and his grin is proud this time. “It’s not a compliment.”

“But I’m taking it as one.” I laugh and shake my head hopelessly. He chuckles again and this time he puts our foreheads together.

At the touch of his skin against mine I close my eyes and breathe in deeply, enjoying the moment. How can someone feel so right? How can something like being this close to him feel this natural? I’ve never been with a guy like this before, but I don’t even feel awkward whilst he’s hugging me tightly.

“Liam,” I call him in a whisper.

“Hmm,” is his answer.

“I really, really, like you,” I tell him and I feel him tensing before he laughs.

It’s not a humorous laugh like when someone tells you a really good joke, it’s the kind of laugh you have when you’re really happy, when someone tells you something that you’ve been wanting to hear for a long time. It’s the kind of laughter that just blurts out of your lips. And he laughs like that, like I’ve just told him the best news ever.

I know that when he told me how he feels about me I gave him a really crappy answer, but he caught me off guard and I really didn’t know how to react. I’ve known for a few days already that my feelings for him changed, that it wasn’t a simple crush anymore in my eyes. Now finally I can tell him how I feel about him and he takes it wonderfully.