Chapter 4 ~ Liam

Chapter 4 ~ Liam

Ugh, I knew it. I knew I wasn’t ready for this. I just made a fool of myself; I shouldn’t have been so bold at asking her like that, it’s obvious she doesn’t have the same interest. I’m just an idiot. I should’ve kept my mouth shut instead of embarrassing myself like I did in that phone call.

I groan like when Harry hits me in the balls, even though no one has inflicted physical pain on me. I just can’t believe I did that. Yet she was very nice about it. She could have laughed at me, or just plain reject me after I told her what I really meant, but she didn’t. And after all, I’m going to see her anyways.

Darcy.

That name suits her perfectly. I just can’t picture her with any other name now.

But I have a problem to fix, and for that I need to talk to the lads. Zayn is probably going to be happy for me, and Louis is going to make fun of me for being rejected like that. It’s the first time I ask a girl out, and it just so happens that I end up involving all my friends in this, plus her little sister. Not as I planned.

Oh, I will never hear the end of this.

With my phone still in my hand I text Zayn to let him know she has called me, and that no one else has my number. That was what worried him. Soon enough, he’s calling me.

“How did it go, bro? I thought she wasn’t gonna call,” is the first thing he says.

“Not as I expected,” I reply, taking a seat on my sofa. Brit is sleeping there and when I sit, she wakes up and looks for me to pet her immediately. I swear, she’s like a cat sometimes, always looking for pettings. Her tail starts to whip as I stroke her behind the ears. “I asked her out,” I blurt out and I hear Zayn gasp.

“Well done, mate! It was about time for you to ask someone out. When are you going out?” He asks and I shut my eyes, embarrassment making a mess of me.

“That’s the thing. She didn’t get it at the beginning, she thought I meant her and her sister,” I tell him pressing the bridge of my nose.

“Ouch, I’m sorry, mate. What did you do about it?”

“See, that’s why I need you all. I told her we’d love to hang out with them. I told her you all were excited to see Lizzie again,” I confess and Zayn remains in silence for a couple of seconds.

“Who’s Lizzie?” He finally asks and I roll my eyes.

“Lizzie is the little girl who was with Darcy that day, her little sister. And now I have to call her, telling her when we all have time to hang out with them,” I explain and sigh deeply. Why am I doing all this?

Brit feels my discomfort and she rises up to lick my face, her tail waving frantically and her worried eyes on me. She’s so clever. I pat her head to tell her that everything is fine, but she whines and I know she can feel I’m worked up.

“You really fancy her, don’t you? That you’re going to do all this says a lot already,” he points out and I sigh again. Brit is licking my face and demanding for more attention.

“I guess. I’m still not sure why I’m doing this. I never understood why I gave her my number to start with. It was probably all a mistake. What am I doing, Zayn?” I ask, because I start to get really confused. I don’t know what pushed me to write down my number that day, nor to ask her out the first time we talked on the phone.

“I think you’re trying, it’s time to finally move on, and if this doesn’t work, you tried,” he tells me, and I sigh. “It’s good to feel like a normal guy again.”