Chapter 16 ~ Liam

Chapter 16 ~ Liam

When I open the door of my flat I don’t only find Brit sleeping on the sofa but the lads gathered there watching a movie, a lot of food around and many drinks. And they don’t even notice my presence there, they are too into the movie they are watching so I have to clear my throat very loudly for them to hear me. Niall is the first to turn around and when he sees me he practically jumps off of the sofa and comes to me running.

“How did it go?” The blond boy asks and I just look at him incredulously.

“Um, what are you all doing here?” I question instead of answering him. “When I left Brit was the only one in the flat,” I add still confused.

Louis stands up and comes to me with a condescending smile. “I may or may not have your key. Emergency,” he hurries to add when I glare at him. “That’s not the point, Payne, we’re here because we worry for you.”

I stare at them all not buying their story for a minute. “Okay, I give up. We’re just curious, okay? We wanted to know how the date went and in case she rejected you again, we thought it would be a good idea to wait for you in case you needed someone to cheer you up,” Zayn explains and that makes so much more sense though I’m not sure if I should be worried that my best mates think Darcy would reject me again. I guess they don’t have hopes on me.

“Well, for your information, it went great. More than great,” I reply and I feel the grin on my lips making me look like a fool, but I don’t care.

It was the perfect date. Everything that happened was perfect and without a doubt, Darcy is amazing. I remember they way she felt in my arms, the taste of her lips, how she looked at me when I told her how I feel and all those memories give me a warm feeling in my chest. All of sudden, I feel my heart racing again and the world seems to fade around me, I can only think of her.

“Woah!” I hear Harry exclaiming and I blink a couple of times in rapid succession to focus again on the lads, they are all looking at me with eyes wide open and even Brit now is awake, at my feet looking me at me as well, though she doesn’t seem surprised, she seems pleased that I’m back. “Look at you! You’ve fallen hard, mate,” the curly-haired boy carries on and I feel my cheeks burning, so to camouflage it I kneel down and start petting Brit.

“C’mon, tell us!” Niall insists but I don’t look up at them. “Liam!”

“Hush! I won’t tell you anything, you pack of old ladies,” I exclaim and this time I look at them to see their shocked and offended expressions. “You’ll only know that it went great, that now Darcy is my girlfriend and that I played to be Nicki Minaj with her and Lizzie after Carter left,” I blurt out squeezing my eyes when I realise I’ve said too much.

“Girlfriend!” Niall exclaims.

“Nicki Minaj?” Zayn questions confused.

“Who’s Carter?” Louis inquires.

“How’s Lizzie?” Harry finishes with a big smile. He really adores that little girl.

“Yes, my girlfriend. Darcy bought some wigs for Lizzie and she made us play with her, that’s why we ended up recreating a video of Nicki Minaj and as I’m the only one who sings, I had to be Nicki. Carter is Darcy’s best friend and Lizzie is fine, really happy with me and Darcy being together,” I reply all their questions and Niall is practically bouncing out of sheer excitement. Louis and Zayn are chuckling and Harry keeps smiling.

“Way to go, mate! Well done!” Niall congratulates me and I feel my cheeks burning again so I hide my face in Brit’s hair. She’s so big now.