Chapter 18 ~ Liam

Chapter 18 ~ Liam

“But isn’t like too soon?” Harry asks looking at me and I roll my eyes. For starters, I don’t understand why they are here in my place when they should be in their homes, getting rest. Sometimes they act like such old ladies, always gossiping.

“I guess so, but don’t make me nervous, Hazza. I have enough with my own insecurities,” I reply checking my reflection on the mirror for what it seems like the millionth time. “Plus, if it’s not now it will have to be until she comes back and that will be in months,” I add fixing my plaid shirt again.

“And we all know that they may not be together in a month,” Louis says offhandedly and I turn around to glare daggers at him.

“Lou, that’s not funny,” Zayn reprehends the Doncaster boy and he only chuckles.

Tonight I’m going to meet Darcy’s mother and yes, I’m dead nervous about it but I know it means a lot to her and Lizzie, plus she really wants to meet me. My girlfriend has made sure to let me know that. Her mum is back from one of her trips and she’ll be staying for three weeks only, after that she’ll leave again and her daughters won’t see her again in several months.

Darcy and I haven’t been together for too long, a bit more than two weeks and yes, it seems awfully soon to meet her mother, but it’s not like I can meet her in a few more weeks because I’m too scare to know her now. I’m not a scaredy-cat, I can do this. It’s just a normal dinner and Darcy has told me not to worry, that her mum already loves me and it’s dying to meet me, that it’s her who should be worry considering that probably her mum will say something to embarrass her.

“Oh, c’mon! We all know it’s a miracle they have lasted so long!” The blue-eyed boy keeps teasing and I’m not sure why he does that, but he loves messing with me and the possibility that Darcy may break up with me.

Instead of answering, Niall hit him with his bag of crisps and resume eating right away. “That’s what you get for being a teaser,” the Irish boy comments with his mouth full. “Don’t worry, Lilipooh.” Again, I cringe at that pet name. “It’s gonna be fine, don’t forget to eat a lot.”

I sigh. It’s true that the boys are more concerned about me lately, making sure I’m eating properly and getting rest. I really need a break, I get tired easily now and I just want to go back to my bed and sleep for three days, but I always have something to do.

Brit is fine, the vet said she’s healthy and perfect, but she keeps sticking by my heels, always following me when I’m home, never leaving my side. She looks sad and she doesn’t eat unless I’m eating as well. I guess she’s just taking care of me as the guys are.

“Yes, it’s gonna be fine,” I say out loud to convince myself, too. I can’t stop shaking. “And guys, honestly, you should be home. I don’t need you here.”

“Oi! We just wanted to give you support before you had to go through this. It’s a traumatic experience,” Niall jokes and I laugh shaking my head.

“Leave everything close and Nialler, don’t eat all my food. I have to eat, too,” they just salute as they are getting used to do.

Shaking my head again, I say goodbye to Brit kissing her head and grab my jacket to leave my place. I really hope it’s going to be a good night.

* * *

“Liam!” Lizzie greets me with a huge hug running to me. I catch her when she throws herself at me and I spin her around a couple of times as I kiss her cheek. I haven’t seen this little girl in a long time and it’s incredible how much she has grown on me.