Chapter 33 ~ Darcy

Chapter 33 ~ Darcy

Liam is taken aback when I kiss him, but he doesn’t take long to recover and soon he hugs me tightly, his arms closely wrapped around my waist as my hands slide through his hair when he kisses me deeper. He cocks his head to the right just to be in a more comfortable position and I feel the change in him, the way his hands are pressed on my back, the way the kiss feels so desperate and rough, but at the same time soft and passionate. It’s like he’s been starving for weeks and he can finally have a bite, but he can’t get enough.

Somehow, Liam starts walking dragging me along until a solid surface stops us and I presume it’s a wall, or maybe the closet. I’m not sure. I’m only conscious of Liam, of his body pressed against mine, of his hands going up and down on my back, of his lips moving in sync with mine, of his teeth softly biting my lower lip from time to time, just to ask me for permission for an even deeper kiss. I hold on to him for dear life, like he is all I need in this moment. Like everything is perfect right now in his arms.

I ignore everything else, Liam is all that exists around me, I even ignore the burning scream of my lungs for a little bit of air. I don’t care about that, I only care about Liam in that moment. That I am leaving doesn’t matter, that probably I won’t see him in months doesn’t matter, that I’m going to a country where I’m not sure if I’ll fit in doesn’t matter. He’s all what matters in my world in this moment.

Liam leaves my lips and I’m about to protest when I feel him leaving a linger of soft kisses through my jaw line until he reaches my ear and breathes slowly. I swear to God I shiver in his arms like a feeble leave in the middle of a storm.

“I love you, too,” he whispers and my heart stops. “I love you very much, Darcy.”

He kisses me again, still crushing my body against the surface with his own body. I never thought of that before this moment, I never though where I was in love or not with him, but looking at him when he said those things… I felt it. I realised I am in love with him, that I started to fall for him the moment he asked me if he could kiss me.

I never thought I could actually fall in love with Liam, but I did. I feel for him and it was easier than I expected. How couldn’t it be? The way he makes me feel, the way he makes my heart beat or how he takes my breath away so easily. Hard would’ve been not to fall in love with him.

I take my hands to his cheeks, caressing his skin softly with my thumbs as the kiss slows down and we finally pull apart, but we remain as closely hugged as we are. I stare into his eyes, his are darker, his pupils are expanded and his breathing is heavy and the only sight of the way he is looking at me melts my body from the inside. It even makes breathing harder, my chest constricting under his scrutiny.

I really, really love him.

I don’t know for how long we stay like that, only staring into each other’s eyes, but it doesn’t seem enough when he parts his lips to say something.

“Maybe you should call your mum,” he tells me and that blows up the bubble, bringing me back to reality.

I remember that I just left. I didn’t tell her anything, I just walked out without uttering a single word, I didn’t even pick my keys. I’m still not sure how I got to Liam’s flat and I’m still surprised that I came to him instead of to Carter, who has been my best friend for all my life. I feel bad for leaving like that, but I don’t feel prepared yet to go back and just accept this new change in my life.

“You can stay here tonight if you don’t wanna go back home yet, Darcy,” he adds as if he could hear my thoughts. “There’re many spare rooms, so you’ll be comfortable. But you need to call her at least.”