Chapter 3 ~ Darcy

Chapter 3 ~ Darcy

One of the most beautiful things in this world is seeing Lizzie happy. Watching her dancing around with a huge smile on her face as she jumps around with all the ballerina moves she knows– that is just precious. She hasn’t stopped dancing around since we got back from the signing. When she went to bed that night she didn’t let go of her copy, and her teddy bear –Mr Cuddles– was left behind. Luckily nothing happened to her album, otherwise she would have burst out crying the next morning.

She is so happy that she met One Direction the other day that she can’t shut up about it. Before that, she usually talked about them, but now it’s all she can talk about. I get it, she’s excited and she loves them, and it’s obvious they liked her too, but I wish she could calm down a bit. Plus, with Carter’s visit things are not improving.

“And what else happened?” He asks her and Lizzie squeals, overly excited again.

“Then Harry asked me to dance and I did! And they all clapped! Then they signed my album,” she practically hits Carter’s face with her copy. “Look! All of their signatures! And Liam is so cute! He drew a happy face, too!”

I giggle as I walk towards them in the living room, our mugs with tea and cookies in hand. There’s also milk for Lizzie. She likes Liam so much and I can see why, he’s really adorable. There’s something about him that has kept me going back to the moment we talked in the shop. His eyes are kind and his smile is honest. I think Lizzie can sense he’s a good guy, and that’s why she likes him so much.

“Darcy also got their signatures!” Lizzie exclaims, bouncing on her tiptoes and then sprinting to my room to get my signed copy.

“She’s excited, isn’t she?” Carter comments when we are alone.

“Tell me about it. And I can’t imagine how’s she’s gonna tell all her classmates about how she met One Direction and how they loved her. I bet her teacher will ask to have a word with me,” I sigh deeply sitting next to my best friend.

Carter is laughing at me when Lizzie comes back with my copy in her hands, running like a monster is after her. “Look, look, look!” She sings jumping like a bunny until she lands on Carter’s lap and hands him my copy. “All their signatures!”

My friend looks at the signatures and I see him frown with a little smile. Wait a second, what does he see? I haven’t paid any attention to my copy, I’ve been after Lizzie all this time. “Not only that, apparently,” he says softly and I see Lizzie getting more excited, if that’s even possible.

“What do you mean?” I ask as I try to get a hold of my copy.

“Well, here’s a number with a special dedication: ‘I’d really love to see you again. Liam’” He reads and my eyes flies wide open. Why haven’t I seen that? I take the album from him and Carter is right, right there next to his signature there’s this message my friend has read. Liam Payne wrote his number on my copy of his album and I just noticed it three days later.

“You have to call him!” Lizzie exclaims, bouncing on Carter’s lap out of sheer excitement. She probably hasn’t realised that the fact he gave me his number and expects me to call him means something else. Not that something is ever going to happen, but even though, there’s a hidden meaning under this message and if Lizzie realises of it, it will hurt her.

“Uh– I don’t think it’s a good idea. You have a lot of homework and he’s probably too busy to hang out with us,” I tell her and she pouts. How am I supposed to say no to that face? It’s like saying no to the Puss in Boots when he does his special face! I can’t!