Chapter 27 ~ Darcy

Chapter 27 ~ Darcy 

When I’m waiting for Lizzie outside the school I notice something that it’s been happening for the last few days. Exactly, since Liam was cleared up from hospital. People turn to look at me, they whisper and sometimes they even point at me, like I’m something they should be scared of or something like that. I’m not sure, I’ve never been under this kind of situation. I’ll my life, I’ve been just a wallflower. People tended to ignore me and I was happy with that. I’ve always had better things to care about. But know I see how people do notice me, I’m not the wallflower anymore.

I know I’m the same, I haven’t changed at all to bring such an interest. My hair is still plain brown, short like a boy and messy. I don’t take much care of it. My clothes are the same as well, simple and normal, nothing that some other girl wouldn’t use. I drive the same car, I wear the same hat, the same boots, the same gloves. I feel different, yes, that’s for sure. I’ve been feeling differently since I met Liam, but I don’t think other people can see that. I’m happier when I think of him, I feel whole when I’m with him, but those are things that only I can notice.

Then what on Earth is going on?

Girls from last year stop to look at me, they squeeze their eyes as if they are fighting to recognise me, but I haven’t seen them before in my whole life. One of them checks her mobile and then looks at me, I see all this from the corner of my eye and I start to grow self-confident, wondering if there’s something I can’t notice. Maybe my coat has something stick on it or I stood up over something.

I’m so worried wondering why is that those girls are looking at me that I don’t notice when another girl from the other side approaches to me.

“Um, hi. I’m Sally. You’re Darcy, aren’t you?” She asks in a quiet and shy tone. I blink a couple of times to clear my mind and focus on her.

“Uh, yes. I’m Darcy, nice to meet you. May I help you?” I question. I haven’t seen this girl before and when I look over her shoulder, I see another group of three girls whispering as they look at us. They, including Sally, must be twelve or something.

Sally smiles happily as she examines me, which I don’t like. I feel exposed somehow, I don’t know what to do or where to hide. “You’re Liam’s girlfriend, right? Liam Payne,” she clarifies and my heart stops for a second, confusion taking over my body as I try to process how this girls knows this. “It’s all over twitter. He finally admitted it today during a twitcam but I was in class so I missed it,” she tells me cheerfully, like we’ve been friends all our lives. “Anyways, I just wanted to make sure. I knew I had seen you before when I saw your picture. You’re always here.”

“Yes, I come to pick my little sister.” I’m still shocked. I know I told Liam if he needed to admit our relationship in public, I didn’t have a problem with it. Though I would’ve liked him to tell me he was going to do it today.

“That’s so sweet of you. Well, I just wanted to know that. You’re very lucky! I envy you so much, though I’m probably too young for him. May I ask you something?” She talks so fast and catches me off guard, so I nod. “How is he? Is he really nice and mature as everyone says? Is he really Daddy Direction?” Sally asks with dreamy eyes and hope.

As I look at her I start to calm down. She is a fan and now I’m her only connection to her idol. Somehow through me, she is closer to Liam now.

“He’s a great guy, sweet and caring. All the lads are great. He’s not as mature as everyone thinks, though. He can be very childish and immature sometimes, but he’s so responsible. He loves you all, he’s always thinking of the fans and doing everything he can to make you all happy, as happy as you make him,” I tell her and I see her eyes turning teary with emotion.