Chapter 13: First Case (4)

Sana told us about what happened. This Jinho man seems to know something and Chaeyoung found a way to invite him to talk with us secretly. I don't know how she did it but it looks like she asked Dahyun for it. Well, that girl knows almost everyone.

"W-Why do you want to talk to me?" He blinked as his expression says he doesn't have any idea at all. 

"Seo Jinho you are childhood friends with Yeon Jinah the one found dead behind the science department right?" Chaeyoung started. It was only the three of us inside the room. 

"H-how did you know that?" So it was true.

"Someone said you knew something about the murder." Chaeyoung ignored his question. A moment of silence. He started to sweat and turn pale. His eyes is shaken. It is obvious he did knew something. 

"I-I- Jinah she's in relationship with that Kim Taeho but that devil was just using her to get back to his ex. J-Jinah learned about it and she came to me to express her pain but the next thing I know... s-she... she- she died." He lowered his head. His voice is trembling.

"So you are saying Kim Taeho killed her?" Chaeyoung is still using that blank expression of hers. I don't know how can she maintain that without even a flinch.

"Who else?! He's the reason why Jinah became like that. My poor- friend... She died because of him." He gave us a look of desperation. I don't know why but it's pitiful and scary at the same time. His weary eyes screams different things. But who would if your close friend got killed by someone you hated?

"Jinho-ssi, is Taeho-ssi bullying you?" Chaeyoung asked with a different topic this time. I don't know how is she going to lead this interrogation but I trusted her.

"H-he has been bullying me ever since he learned that I am Jinah's close friend. He took it as jealousy but I knew better he's just picking on me because I wanted Jinah away from him." He gritted in anger. 

"You wear glasses?" Chaeyoung asked another different thing again. I'm starting to wonder what's with her question. 

"O-oh this?" He took out the glasses in his uniform pocket. "Yes I do but I usually wear this only if there is too much light. My eyes are sensitive to light." 

"I see what a coincidence I am too. Can I try your glasses?" Chaeyoung offered her hand. The man blinked in confusion for some seconds before handing the glasses over. Chaeyoung took it and actually wears it. She looks good on it. I mean yeah I think everything looks good to her.

"Hey can you read this?" Chae wrote something in small fonts. I raised my brow in confusion but decided to just follow. 

"CN-? What is that?" I asked.

"It's the chemical formula of cyanide." Jinho answered for her. 

"Ohh indeed it is. As expected of the top of their class." Chaeyoung praised but she has the business like tone.