Chapter 16: Imp (2)

Chaeyoung stared at me as if I'm some kind of a weird creature. But I am not bothered by it anymore. She always does that. I mean I got worst. 

"I have a question Chaeyoung-ah." I transferred to the seat close to her. 

"What?" 

"How did he killed them?" For a kid to kill a whole family is  a wonder.

"Ricin" She answered shortly still focused on the files. 

"Ricin? What's that?" It sounds like food.

"A poison. It can be ingested or inhaled but for the killer, he used powdered one and mixed it with the food. A table salt size of it can kill an adult human. If you are going to ask about how he got the poison, he said a friend got it for him." Chaeyoung answered without giving me a glace. She's really focused when it comes to cases. 

"A friend? doesn't that sound suspicious?" 

"No, Ricin is from a plant of castor oil. A multi-purpose vegetable oil used since a long time ago. They extract the oil from the beans of the plant and refine it to remove the toxins. He's a smart kid. He asked someone in the Ninth district for the seeds. No one even noticed. They thought it's just a simple seed he got from school." She sighed finally meeting her eyes on mine. 

"Was that written there?" I blinked slowly digesting what she said.

"No." 

"Oh so you just knew?" I raised a brow.

"I know many poisonous chemicals." She answered still staring straight on me. Geez, it makes me feel conscious. 

"Okay I get it thanks." I smiled as I slump on my seat.

"Yeah. Why did you stay?" She asked out of the topic.

"Can't I?" 

"I get it that you are interested on me but you don't have to always stick around." She's blunt and frank. Jesus I get it. 

"I still want to be around you. You know in case you need someone to talk to." I reasoned.

"Do I look like someone who needs talking?" Uhm she has a point. 

"But I like being around you." I pouted. I don't know why but it felt so natural to act like myself in front of her even if we don't practically know each other much. She just took a last glance to me and sigh. Am I that annoying?

"It's fine. Suit yourself." She shrugged and looked down on the papers again. I smiled seeing she didn't pushed me to go. I just continued to stare at her and observe every move of her eyes, twitch of her eyebrows and lips. Yeah sounds creepy but she's just like a magnet to my eyes. After staring at the papers for almost ten minutes, she abruptly stood up.

"If you are going to stare all the time. Let's just go." she let out a sigh.

"Eh? where? I don't want to go home yet." I pouted.

"Who said we are going home?" She smirked before taking her backpack on her shoulder. This is why I like her. I smiled widely and took my bag. 

"Where should we go?" 

"Hmm anywhere." She answered looking at me coldly but I don't mind. You can say I am used to it. I paused for a moment to think of a place.

"Then can you go with me?" I grinned. 

"Where?" 

"I need to buy a dress for tomorrow."