Chapter 12: First case (3)

I entered the club room after class and Chaeyoung was already there. This person just skipped our last period in a hurry when she received something on her phone.

"You're here." She greeted without looking back from the white board. There are added pictures of the victim on its cold dead body.

"The autopsy was done? That fast?" I asked as I saw the cause of death written on the board.

"Hmm she died from cyanide." 

"Cyanide? How?" So this is really a murder case.

"It was in the keychain. I sent the evidence to the forensic and they confirmed it. The thing is if that glass is the murder weapon and the glass that I heard broke on that day is the same this won't match." 

"Why?" I asked in curiosity.

"You see I went there and tried to recreate the scene in my head. Then by confirming my assumption... it is most likely that if we throw something like that on the bush it does not break because the momentum will be lessen by the thickness of the bush and also there is a grass bellow it. The impact is not enough to break a glass like that it must be concrete to break it or someone purposely did it. Nevertheless, what we found is the murder weapon." Her eyes never left the board as if she's playing the scenario in her head. I nodded trying to process what she just said. Damn this girl is not for jokes.

"Now here's a thing there was only one person who is known to cyanide killing." Chaeyoung let out a sigh.  

"W-who?" I asked in anticipation and nervousness. 

"The Devil's smoke serial killing." She answered with that still calm expression.

"D-devil?" 

"Hmm that case was the first case the founder of the club solved. Park Heemin, a professor in chemistry who likes to use cyanide gas to kill. He would give a glass of keychain with a note inside giving an address. If the prey falls to it that would be a dead call. He will fill that room with cyanide gas and then enter using an air filter mask. He likes to carve his victims hanged up making it look like suicide. They're trying to connect the two cases. It's like a puzzle... the two cases has on only one similarity to it." She tilted her head and crossed her arms looking at the board carefully. It's like she's talking to herself.

"Hmm suicide right?" I asked trying to get something out of my head to help. Well if I hang out with her longer I might actually get something to learn. 

"Yes but why...wait this could also mean if the suspect is a man then it's not impossible to do so..." She paused. Her thought sinking to deeper things. She look really determined to solve this and by the looks of it, she's enjoying. 

"So what happened to the real Devil?" I asked out.

"He was sentenced to death. It was impossible that this was his doing." 

"Then someone must be idolizing him?" I asked again.