Prologue

I met a girl on the day I transferred. She's alone, doesn't smile and wears a black hoodie. Her eyes darker than any other eyes I saw. 

The students avoided her, telling she's a freak, an addict, and a weirdo. I never saw her smile. Her stares makes me feel like she's seeing through my soul.

I didn't know how or when it started but I found myself getting curious of her. I wanted to know her more. Like an excited child reading a mystery book, I started imagining things. How she would look like with a smile. How would she look like with her eyes full of life. She doesn't talk much but her voice is like music to the ears. Deep enough to make me wanting for more.

I decided something from months of observing her faraway. I came to conclusion that if I want something I have to make a step towards it. But I didn't know that one step can change everything.

The woman everyone avoided turns out to be something I wouldn't expect. The problems is rooted much deeper than I expected. I haven't prepared myself and saw those eyes looking at me with regret and coldness. I distanced myself but I can't forget about it. Those spell bounding orbs I found myself getting pulled into.

I didn't stop it. I let myself get dragged on the flow of fire. Letting the heat touch my skin. But then I realized, I am not burning. She holds my hand with firmness. She protected me with her coldness and I promised to myself on that moment that I will be with her even if everyone turns their back on her.

There is this lonely girl named Son Chaeyoung. The child born in the ninth district. Whom everyone feared as ashes follows to those who gets close with her. The magnum opus in my life. She who only knows pain learned the beauty of love.

My name is Myoui Mina and this is my story on how I became the fire to that cold world of Son Chaeyoung. The woman who made me feel that life wasn't as boring as it is. 

Ninth District | Michaeng

Started: July 4, 2020

Author: Azel

Ninth District || Michaengजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें