Chapter 10: First Case (1)

A woman on her hoodie stood in front of an old door. Holding a key in hand, she took a deep breathe before finally unlocking the room she had never seen since many years ago. The door creaked open revealing a room full of papers and traces of their old doings. Looking at the spaces makes her remember the people whom she used to spend her time with... happily.

"It's been a long time." She said to no one. 

Taking out her phone, she texted Mina on where she is. Yes they exchange number on that day. After asking the girl to join the club, she decided they should at least have each others contact. By taking the girl also means taking responsibility. She finally found the guts to let someone in and she means to do everything to protect her. Even towards that woman she feared the most.

Mina texted back asking if she can bring the three new members. So Chaeyoung agreed with a simple 'okay'. She pulled the blinds from the windows and dusts flawn to air. There on a table is a picture of four girls and two boys with one little kid happily smiling on the camera. The fear and pain is still there but she has to move on. 

"Ajusshi, Oppa, eonnies, Chaeyoung is back." she smiled towards it. 

...

When we came to the said room on the far end building, I was surprised myself. The said room is spacious enough for the five of us. Chaeyoung was there cleaning the tables. 

"Wow this is amazing." Sana commented in excitement. 

"Chaeyoung-ah." I called. She turned to us with disinterest. 

"I want you to meet the three new members of Lycoris. Seulgi, Momo and Sana." I pointed each of them and they all politely smiled with a little bow. They're actually quite nervous being in front of the woman whose famous called 'freak' in the campus.

"Hi welcome to Lycoris club. I am Son Chaeyoung, the president." She returned the same politeness without a smile. Not that I am expecting her to do so. It took me awhile to see it too.

"Uhm can we help or something?" Seulgi asked in enthusiasm. Maybe to wipe the awkwardness in the air.

"Well the room is covered with dirt so we need to clean up first." she stated. 

"Ohh I'm cool with that." Momo walked closer and looked around the place. "Where should we start?" and just like that we started cleaning the whole room. Chaeyoung decided to take care of the files and put it on one box. It was a lot of papers to say. I somehow saw a glimpse of it and it had Ninth District written at the very top. I wonder if all of those are case files. Surprisingly, Sana and Momo are understanding of Chaeyoung's behavior. They're actually calm to it. Sana even called Chaeyoung's name to ask where to put things without any awkwardness to it. Even Seulgi started to warm up from the atmosphere. It was already past five when we finished cleaning.

"Finally!" Sana slumps on the sofa. It's fresh and clean.