Chapter 27: Humpty Dumpty (2)

Mina's PoV

I closed the door and sat beside her. We're currently inside the camera room of the club. Chaeyoung said that SIA paid for everything. I sip on my iced americano and carefully look at the monitors for any weird behaviors. I swear this place is really huge for a club. There's even a pool part. I heard a static sound coming from the earpiece.

"Seulgi and Jeong here." It's Seulgi's voice. 

"Go inside." Chaeng commanded.

"Copy." 

"Dahyun and Chewie anything weird?" She asked. 

"Nothing out of normal." Dahyun replied. 

"What about you unnies?" 

"Still good." Nayeon unnie replied. Tonight is the night of operation. All of our friends looks so stunning with their club dresses and I saw Seul and Jeong being the epitome of good looking too. Now I wonder how I'm friends with these people. 

If you are curious about what happened after yesterday, we just spent our time together on that small hill that overlook the whole city. It's nice to be with her without worrying too much if I am crossing the line. I still can't quite get used to the idea that we are actually together now. The thought is still too good to be true. Are we going too fast? 

In the end, we have yet to tell about us to the group. Mainly, because we don't want any teasing and distraction to our work. Other reason is that, I just don't like others giving meaning to everything that happens around us. I know my two best friends will probably get mad on me for hiding this but they'll eventually understand. I just know. 

"Mina" 

"Huh? Yes?" I snapped out of my thoughts realizing that she's been calling my name.

"Are you okay?" 

"Oh uhm yeah just thinking of something. Nevermind that, what is it?" I gave her my full attention. She nodded and continued facing the monitor. I swear her serious face really makes me feel intimidated but it is admiring at the same time.

"I think she's going for Seulgi unnie." 

"She will?" How can she say that? 

"Hmm her features are pretty similar to those victims." 

"Is that why you asked for her to dress like a man?" 

"Yeah and for Jeong to be with her in case of emergency." 

"Did you tell Irene unnie?" 

"Nope she's going to refuse. I'll be bald." She let out a sigh. Thinking about it, Son Chaeyoung does have fears too huh.