Chapter 26: Humpty Dumpty (1)

Mina's PoV

Yuna, Dahyun's other persona started talking about the new case. This time its way worse. I could feel my gut twitching inside in disgust by imagining the information she is trying to explain.

"Meet Humpty Dumpty. She is a woman who kills men by chopping her victims bodies into many pieces and dropping it to a high place for a show." She turned the next slide showing the gruesome images of the victims.

"That's so messed up." Sana frowned in distaste.

"How did you know it's a woman?" Seulgi asked.

"She was seen by a cctv camera but not her face because unfortunately, she's wearing something like a skull mask." A figure of a woman flashed in the projector. In my perspective, this petite girl doesn't look like she can harm a grown up man.

"How did she get her victim?" I asked curiously. 

"She goes around bars and clubs and with her already six victims, it's safe to say that she only kills men whom she happens to stubble or flirt with." Yuna smiled with her eyes seemingly shining in excitement. 

"That's fuck up straight from a horror movie." Sana commented. 

"Hmm so how come the police can't catch her? Isn't there any cameras on those clubs or any witnesses?" Tzuyu pointed out. What she said made sense. Just why?

"Since we have this case, this only means that this is related to Ninth District." Chaeyoung butted in. She's been silently sitting next to me. I shot a look at her and she just timidly smiles. The girl who was formerly cold minutes ago was gone. I smiled back, feeling happy to see those dimples that could ease my thoughts.

"Wait don't tell me we are going to encounter that face changing thing again?" Momo raised a brow. 

"That's most likely what's going to happen. ND has her back so probably that face maker is giving her a hand." Irene is playing with Seulgi's hand on hers. 

"You know who that person is unnie?" Tzuyu asked.

"Hmm she used to be my friend. Jung Soojung, a pretty emotionless lady." She answered without bothering on looking at us. 

"She's usually called Krystal. We can't deal with her because she's inside the district, lock up on the lowest level." Chaeyoung added. 

"Then how can she have connections with these killers?" Jihyo frowned.

"Suzy and her are close and that woman values her. She probably let's her do what she wants." Irene shrugged. I find the system inside the district pretty disturbing. If criminals and murderers can wander around just like that, how can it be called a prison? It's becoming a paradise for those evil people.

"Is your sister that fucked up?" Nayeon eyed her and Irene nodded.