Chapter 20: Imp (6)

Seulgi's PoV

I went to check on Chaeyoung and Mina's direction when I heard the sudden commotion. The security is running inside the office. This is a crucial moment because any time there could be another victim. But there is one thing I notice odd from them. One man is so pale and covered in sweat. It's like he just made a long run. He stood out from the securities.

'He's on the second floor' Dahyun's voice echoed in the earpiece. I immediately bolted up and ran towards him. I don't know why but there's this gut feeling that he is suspicious. I walked in front of him and that made him stop.

"Wait." He turned to me with a smile.

"Yes? Do you have any problem miss?" His tone is kind and gentle but I can't get away the gut feeling that this person in front of me is different.

"Ninth district." When I said that I saw a small change on his expression. Somehow it turned hostile. Tzuyu and Sana is approaching us and I know by then that he will took off so I grabbed his arm and abruptly tossed him down. This are the times that I am thankful that Irene taught me self defense. He grunted when I turned him around and kneed on his back to cease his actions.

"Seulgi? what is happening here?" Tzuyu asked weirded.

"He's that man call Dahyun-"

"I'm here." Dahyun came still catching her breath.

"Is he that person?" I asked in confirmation. Dahyun looked clearly to his face and she was surprised to see him. He has a scratch on his arm too as fresh blood is still there.

"It's him!" She exclaimed.

"Call Chaeyoung tell her we found him."

...

Mina's PoV

We stood in front of the man who looks emotionlessly tied up to the chair. His complexion pale and eyes sharp with killing intent. I still can't believed that he was the person we are looking for. He killed five people today with his tricks. Gladly, Mr. Yoo managed to survive on time. Chaeyoung gave him the antidote just seconds before it's too late. He was already sent to the hospital along with his family for inspection. We decided to stay in the mansion for further investigation.

"I never thought I'll be caught by the same woman before." He sighed looking at Chaeyoung with a dead eyes.

"Good to see you again Lee." Chae smiled.

"What more do you want to know?" He's much easier to talk to than expected. Considering the headache he gave us from the chase.

"How are you?" I was surprised when Chaeyoung asked that. It seems that he was also feeling the same way.