Chapter 5: Attraction

Another day and here I am still thinking about what that woman said yesterday. Is she angry? I don't know why but the look in her eyes... It wasn't anger. Maybe at first glance you'll take it as it is but after looking and observing her for a while, I noticed something. Her actions are different from what her black irises reflected. Like she was masking it. I know, because I've been there.

"Minari hello~" Sana waved her hand in front of me. We're at the cafeteria eating our lunch.

"Huh? what?" I snapped back in reality.

"You've been staring at your food. You don't like it?" She asked. I blinked in realization and looked down on my own food. Indeed, I did not touch it.

"No, I'm just thinking about something." I reasoned and started mixing my pasta.

"And what could it be? You know I noticed how frequent it is for you to lose focus. Even in class you drifted off." Jihyo eyed me in suspicion. I smiled awkwardly. Maybe I'm that obvious and I did not realize it myself.

"I just have many things in mind." I answered honestly.

"Like?" Momo asked curiously.

"Hmm like doing my project?" I blinked.

"Oh right your partner is Chaeyoung right? How was it?" Dahyun grinned. All their attention are pointed towards me and I can't help but feel a little pressured to answer.

"S-she's good and smart, really smart. She taught me about our report and she finished it by herself."

"She did? that's new. She rarely talks." Tzuyu commented. I just shrugged because I don't know what to reply on that.

"I don't think she's that bad. She's just not fond with crowds but Chaeyoung is good." I smiled to them and they just gave me a suspicious look. Specially, Jihyo.

"Be careful Mina. Don't get too close with her." She reminded. I wanted to roll my eyes but I stopped myself. Seriously, the girl doesn't look that bad. She needs someone too and they need to stop treating her like a trash or some kind of a monster.

"Ne eomma." I joked and she just nudge me. I giggled and looked down in my food. I wonder what she's doing now.

...

Days passed and Chaeyoung never talked to me again. Not even a simple glance. Not that I want her to but it's just there is a part of me that want to hear her voice again. I'm starting to get weirded with myself too. I think of her without even realizing it. I look forward on seeing her everyday even though I know she's just going to ignore me. My heart felt excited every time I see her. To be honest, I never felt like this before. Is this what they call admiration?

"Mina what will you do later?" Jihyo asked as we waited for the next sub.