Chapter 11: First case (2)

"A keychain?" I asked as I look at the object. Chaeyoung nodded.

"I knew this case wasn't a one person kill. It can't possibly be done with just one person. How could they hung the body that easily. I also doubt it's an accident." She answered looking at the keychain with interest.

"How can you say that?"

"Everything is just so clean, having no suicide note is part of the plan. I just need to get the result of the autopsy tomorrow." 

"You can do that?" I asked in amusement. 

"I told you our club has a special connection. This is one of the reason why it hasn't turned down." 

"Now it makes me more nervous working on such a team." 

"You don't have to I think you have it in you..." 

"The what?" 

"The skill to solve a crime. Let's head to the club room. I need to think about this." 

And just like that, we headed to the club room. Maybe it's just me but the feeling this place gives out is so cozy and welcoming. It makes me think that the former members might be such people. But if they are why did Chaeyoung became like a cold empty girl? What happened to the members? As if an answer to my question, I noticed the picture frame laid on the working table of Chae. 

I examined the picture out of curiosity. A very familiar smile is included. A little version of Son Chaeyoung hopped on the back of the young man. I turned around to see what Chaeyoung was doing but she was writing something on the whiteboard. Is this her? the kid just shows how different she is now. I decided not to ask her. Don't want to distract her from this. 

"Do you have any idea?" I walked to her side. 

"I have but I still need the confirmation of the autopsy." 

"Can you tell me about it?" 

"Here look at this." She pointed at the place where the girl was hanged. I only gave her a questioning look.

"This place has a history itself." 

"History? What history?" 

"This is where an actual suicide happened eleven years ago." Her tone didn't change but I could see it in her eyes. There was familiarity to it. Like she was replaying the memory in her mind. I guess it is true. That kid in the picture, it was her.

"A suicide?" 

"A third year student committed suicide exactly the same date that girl died. I never thought about it until you asked me to make up the club again. I remembered how the girl was hanged on the tree exactly as that woman. I made measurements before indulging myself on this case." She stepped back and goes to the storage box. Opening it, she took out a pile of paper. On top of it there was something written like 'Suicide of Lee'. She handed it to me. The papers has already started to turn dirty white.