Chapter 23: Haunting of Spring (2)

I don't know what is happening but it seems like there is definitely something wrong. We all have the same reaction when Jeong spoke up about Nayeon unnie missing. Even Chaeng frowned from it.

"She was just here." She continued as she started panicking. I did saw Nayeon unnie beside her before we left.

"Okay guys calm down let's all go look for her." Jihyo said still composed. We all agreed to search by group and Jeong was with us. She look so worried, almost ghostly.

"Jeong unnie we will find her." I reassured the older girl. She nodded so out of it. I don't know how bad she must have been feeling right now. But why did Nayeon unnie left when we all know she's scared as hell to go back. I looked down on Jeong unnie's hand.

"Jeongyeon unnie your hand." When I said that she looked at it. On her wrist is a long wound that looks like a scratch from something sharp.

"I didn't notice." She monotonously answered. Chaeng who are listening to us silently. Pulled me by the hand subtly.

"Stay close to me." She whispered. I nodded as she intertwined out fingers. Locking them securely as if she's afraid that I'll get lost or be out of her sight. When I looked back to Jeong unnie she was already back to that same worried expression. It's weird or am I just hallucinating.

We reached the spring but there was nothing unusual to it besides the weird smell. It smells irony or rusty. There's nothing like this before we left. It was until we heard a familiar scream. I recognized that voice. It was Dahyun's.

"Guys! Over here!" We turned to look around and they are just meters away from us. They're at the edge of the spring and are looking at something. We went to them and a horrendous scene welcomed us. I almost gag up from disgust. I turn to the woman with us.

"N-no way. T-that's not her." She shook her head in denial. Nayeon's body was found at the edge of the spring. Half of it on the water and the other half is still on the rock. Her head was battered and cracked open showing those brains pumped flat. Blood scattered all around the place. Her hands are wrapped around the rock as if she was coming from the water.

Dahyun has her eyes closed shivering. Momo was staring down on her feet. They're the one's who found the body. It didn't take long for the others to arrive. Jeong was silently staring at the body still shaking her head not accepting reality. I can't even believe this is happening. Nayeon unnie- How did this happen?

"Nayeon-ah." Irene unnie called still processing what was in front of us. Seulgi pulled her in an embrace to stop her from looking. Sana was holding her mouth as Tzuyu covered her eyes.

"Unnie..."

"Who would do something like this." Jeongyeon finally cried. She slumped down in front of the body as if all her energy has left her. They started tearing up. Me myself is getting emotional. This is just too cruel. I can't imagine the pain Jeong must have been feeling right now. I turned to look at the woman who is still holding my hand. Her expression didn't change. It's still stoic, expressionless, and cold. She's always like this with dead bodies.