Chapter 18: Imp (4)

When we reached the second floor, Chaeyoung immediately checked the body. It's still hanging because she didn't let any of the men take it down. The first thing that I noticed when we entered to the balcony is the rope that was holding the body. There was also a pool of dried blood on the side of the door. I am guessing this is where the body was hidden. The balcony is wide if you look below no one could see if a dead body was sitting there. 

"Take the body down." Chaeyoung instructed. The men bowed and followed what she said. 

"So do you think he's long dead before the party?" I asked her. Chaeyoung turned to me with a serious expression.

"I think so. We will confirm that after she checks the body." The woman who seems to be a forensic started checking the other body. She's a member of SIA I guess since she wore the same uniform as Taehyung.

"Does he have any accomplice?" 

"That's possible but based on his personality I've known of. He likes to do things alone." after she said that, the communicator in our ears ringed.  

'Pres we check the engine room. There's a weird object we found.' It's Tzuyu.

"What?" 

'A fishing nylon wire.' She answered. Chaeyoung frowned as an idea just came to her. 

"Thank you Tzuyu-ah." 

"What about it?" I asked. Damn what's the relation of it?

She looked above seems to be finding something. I tried looking around to see any irregularities. I watched as Chaeyoung went to the side where the body was hanged. Nothing was was there but Chae has her eyes down thinking deeper. 

"I'll go down stay here okay?" Chae instructed and went back to the first floor. She came out and look above the balcony. She seems to be looking for something. I don't know what is it but it must be related to what Tzuyu and Sana found. 

"Chae did you found something?" I asked from above. She only gave me a smile as if she knew something already. Sometimes I wonder what kind of things do geniuses like her think of. It seems like she can solve problems easily. 

"Can you fit between the spaces?" She asked back. I was taken aback by it but I still followed and indeed I fit between the rails. Well it's not a railing made of metal it was concrete designed to fit the house's interior.  A person actually fits in. 

"Yes." I answered. 

"Now for the next confirmation." She walked to the body.

"Can I come down now?" I asked and she just nod. So I immediately went beside her. The two bodies are laid side by side. The woman was checking something on the head to his neck. There was a wound on his neck but it's not from the rope. It was more thinner that it made a deep wound on the body. Staring at it now It makes my stomach turn upside down. 

"Don't look." Chaeyoung covered my eyes and turned me around to her. I was fine seeing the woman's body before but now that I seen an actual blood makes things different. I tried to calm myself and focused on the woman in front of me. 

"Are you okay?" She asked to me. I wonder if it's the nausea that I mistook her expression into a worried one. 

"Yeah I'm fine. Just- not used to it."