Chapter 17: Imp (3)

Chaeyoung offered her hand. For a woman who was cold and emotionless, she knew really well how to make me feel so work up with a single gesture. Taking the hand, I can't help but let my heart drum inside. 

Holding hands, we head to the entrance door. A man in black suite approached us and bowed. Chaeyoung gave her invitation and he checked it.

"Mr. Yoo has been waiting for you." The butler gestured us to follow him. We headed to the second floor of the mansion. The house looks bigger and better inside, classy and simple. I can see some Korean cultures from it. 

"You look pleased. I bet your home is better than this." Chaeyoung whispered beside me. 

"Don't say that. There's still difference you know." I smiled nudging her. 

"Hmm stay close to me as much as possible." She added. I could feel her hand on mine tightened. She must be worried and I know it's no time to feel fluttering but I can't help it.

"Okay I will." I nodded feeling that tingling in my stomach. She really have that effect on me. 

We reached the room and the man opened the door for us. A wide and spacious room welcomed us along with a middle aged man sitting on his office chair. He looked so much like Jeongyeon.  I guess he's her father. There is another man with a cold and stoned expression towards us. He looked young maybe on his twenties. The older man smiled when he saw us. The butler who lead us left and closed the door for privacy.

"I'm glad that you came." He approached us and offer a hand to shake. Chaeyoung took it at ease.

"It's my job." She answered in a cold manner.

"Hmm I have to depend on you in case anything happens." I could notice his worries on his expression. Well a psychopath is on lose and is planning on annihilating his clan. Of course who wouldn't worry. Even with power and money, death is something that would take away everything.

"I'll be more than willing to help." -Chae. 

"and who is this beautiful lady you brought with you?" He turned to me with a soft smile. I returned the gesture and bowed slightly to pay respect.

"I am Myoui Mina, Chaeyoung's fri-" 

"My partner." She cut me off.

"I see. Hello there Myoui- wait why does your surname sound so familiar? by any chance are you from?" Mr. Yoo raised a brow and seems to be surprised on hearing my name. I shouldn't have said it but I guess I can't hide it in front of these people.

"I'm from Japan." I simply answered to confirm his assumption.

"Oh my- I didn't know the heir-" 

"I gave up that title to have a fresh start. Please treat me as your normal guest." I pleaded. He only stared at me quite skeptical on what to do. If Mr. Yoo is a known influential man, then no wonder that he would recognize me. Even Chaeyoung did.