CH 14: Angel

Chapter 14: Angel (Jace's POV)

Leigh deposits my mate back with me once they are ready, with the threat of death if I mess up one hair on her head. I take that threat very seriously. Jade is not to be messed with. Leigh keeps her on a tight leash but I would hate to be around if she ever gives that bat shit crazy bitch full control.

My mate looks even more like an angel now. I don't know whether I want to drop to my knees and worship her or rip her dress off and fuck her. I know I can't do either until after the coronation, but once it's over it is on.

I walk Liv down the stairs to see people filing into the ballroom. I keep my arms firmly around her waist. My mate is still unmarked and I will not leave any chance for her to be taken from me. Mychael comes in with Sarah on his arm. Sarah rolls her eyes at Liv and me. That bitch can go suck a cock. It's all she's good at anyway.

She just wants to land an Alpha as her mate and run over him with a power trip. I really hope she gets mated with an Omega. It would serve her right. She has no title herself, just Alpha blood. Garrett's dad got his mom pregnant and then a few months later he met his mate and knocked her up. I'm so glad Liv is my mate.

I watch Leigh dip out of the conference room. I hope that means that Anya is almost done. I want to be made Alpha and have my Luna to myself. I follow behind Leigh up to the balcony where the coronation will take place. I take my place and guide Liv in next to me.

I see Ollie find his spot pulling Leigh in close next to him. She gives him a quick kiss but goes to move away from him to where she is supposed to stand. He pulls her back and I watch him whisper something in her ear that makes her blush. He better do right by her. I will kill him over my Queen.

My dad moves in front of us, starting the passing of first Beta to Ollie, then Alpha to me, and finally Liv to Luna. The Luna is the most important. Without the Luna, the Alpha isn't worth a shit. That's why I'm so protective over Leigh. She will be the Queen. The Luna of all Lunas.

Oliver takes his oath. He drinks from a cup that contains his father's blood and wine. After drinking he falls to his knees. This isn't normal is he okay? Did he get the wrong cup? Shit he didn't get Leigh's blood, did he? That would tie him to Leigh. It could also make him part of the Royal Court. I turn to the left to look at Leigh, next to my dad, and she won't meet my eye. What did she do?

Ollie shakes himself and moves back to his original spot. He keeps shaking his head like he's been hit in the head and is seeing stars. I walk forward with Liv. She stands next to me as my dad adds his blood to the cup, I pledge to my Pack and I drink. I feel the power to kneel as Ollie did. I am on my knees now. I know that I am silently pledging to my Queen as well.

Next, it is Liv. She will be doubly pledged. She'll be pledged to the pack and then to me. Both my mom and I add our blood to the chalice before she pledges to be mine. To be the Luna that makes me a better Alpha. To keep me in line and to make sure I take care of my Pack. The Luna is the lifeline of a Pack. And Liv will shine brighter than any other. She too kneels after drinking.

I know what Leigh did. I just hope she knows what she's doing. As we step down the stairs I mind-link her. "What did you do?"

She just smiles at me as she moves into Ollie's embrace. I shake my head at her but decide not to question her too much. She can and will snap me in two. Besides, I also have other matters at hand to take care of.

"Come upstairs with me." I groan into Liv's ear.

She shakes her head no. What???
"Why not? You look so uncomfortable in this dress. I thought I could help you get more comfortable."