CH 18: Am I Crazy

Chapter 18: Am I Crazy (Jace's POV)

Now that I know what it is that I supposedly did, I can make a plan. Liv isn't thrilled about this but I'm going to go talk to Leigh. I'm doing this smart though. Anya is providing me with scent blockers so I can get into the house. From there it has to be all me.

I just need her to listen to me. To listen to me before Jade kills me. I need to find her for just one moment. From what dad tells me, she has completely handed over control to Jade. Since Jade is running the show, it is promised that this will be messy.

I quickly make it into the house. This place is a wreck. Jade likes to destroy things. I follow her scent and I come to find that she is in the conference room. The door is just slightly ajar. What I see when I look inside is worse than I could have imagined. Jade really is crazy.

Jade stands in fuzzy pajamas and bunny slippers at the head of the conference table. Her back is to me. In the surrounding seats are a variety of stuffed animals and pillows. She seems to be holding a meeting.

"Now that you bitches are no longer plotting against me we can move on with this meeting." Jade starts in a harsh tone. "My Betas Jace and Liv will be keeping an eye on the rogues to the north and Gammas Garrett and Sam will watch those to the south."

She moves around the table before she continues. "Work with Delta Michael to keep the west protected and the Royal Warriors will watch for threats coming in from the water to the east."

She moves over to the chair that is to the left of her seat. Caressing the pillow as gently as she can with her claws fully extended. The pillow still ends up shredded. It looks like this isn't the first time this has happened. There is a large pile of shredded pillows off to the side of the room.

"What do you think mate." She asks the shredded pillow. "Do you think that's a good plan, Oliver?" She picks up the pillow rips it in half and then throws it into the pile with the other destroyed ones.

"Jace are you agreeing with Oliver again." Before I can blink she is behind the chair that must be mine as it is to the right of her chair. It makes sense your love sits to your left because it's closer to your heart. Your right-hand man well he sits to your right.

I notice all the other seats have stuffed animals. Just Oliver and I are pillows. It seems like she has destroyed stuffed Ollie and me too often for us to be anything more than pillows. There are about a million pillows around this place. I watch as my pillow gets the same treatment that Ollie's did.

She plops down into her chair and spins a few times before she says. "Now that those assholes have been quieted, what does everyone else think of my plan. I figured you would all agree. Just like the sheep you are. I should kill you all. No backbone. Not a single one of you."

I can't watch this anymore. It is just sick. "Leigh." I bravely say entering the room before closing and locking the door behind me. If she wants me to leave this time she is going to have to kill me.

Her black eyes shine a green glow when she turns to face me. "Shit! Ummm... Jade."

"What do you want?" Jade asks with a growl. Hey, I'm still alive. I've lasted longer than I thought I would.

"I just want to talk," I say while holding up my hands in surrender. "Can I please talk to Leigh?"

"Let me think. Ummm... No." Jade responds while spinning in her chair again. "Leigh does not want to come out and play. If you didn't know, Leigh kind of hates you right now."

I kneel but don't break eye contact with Jade. I show her my neck in submission. "Please let me speak with her. I won't... I won't leave until I do."