CH 6: Want Me

Chapter 6: Want Me (POV Leigh)

Today I am stuck in the house. I hate being stuck. I have spent most of my life hiding here. The only time I wasn't hiding was when I traveled abroad for training. Otherwise, I had been here the whole time.

Uncle Jamie kept me hidden for my safety. I'm not mad. He never had any vicious intent behind it, just love. He lost his brother and Aunt Rachel lost her sister and I'm all they have left of them. I'm all that's left of the royal line. Only I can carry it on.

Uncle Jamie should have been able to carry it, but he declined Beta Alpha. His mate didn't want to be Royal. She was afraid and just wanted a simpler life. I guess it was a blessing since it may be why they are still alive. Why Jace and I are still alive.

I envied and was jealous of Jace growing up. He got to go to school. He got to make friends. No one but Beta Riley and his mate Glenda was allowed in the Alpha's house.

Jace once tried to sneak Oliver in. They made it to the kitchen and got caught. Uncle Jamie was so pissed. I don't think I have ever heard him yell at Jace like that before. It was the first time I saw Oliver since we were babies and I wanted him to stay and play. We were about 10 at this time.

I begged my uncle. He said it was too much of a risk for a child to know my secret. He could tell anyone. He could unknowingly put me in danger. Two years later, Oliver came by to drop something off for Jace since he missed school. He wasn't allowed past the door so I only caught a glimpse from the window.

Oliver would stop by every now and then. He never made it in the house but I always found myself staring at him from the shadows when he did. I watched him grow from afar. Jace would tell me about his friends when we were younger. He also spoke about both Ollie and Liv. His two best friends. This was until Jace and I had our falling out, of course. After that Jace would only come home to sleep and train in the mornings.

I know Jace has been in love with Liv for years, but she is a respectable girl and he is not a respectable boy. The same can be said for Oliver. I have been infatuated with him for years, and he has grown into a beautiful specimen of a man. But by the time I got to meet him, his reputation had been marred. Maybe even the biggest man whore can be reformed.

That's why I pushed him away in the beginning. I know what he is and he is good at it. He has a certain charm that will make you gravitate to him. That's why it hurt so much to see him with Dakota. He did exactly what I expected him to do. I should not have been surprised. In secret though, he is who I have always imagined when I think about my mate to be.

Every time I bring up mates he gets upset. Why? Does he not want me? Does he not want a mate? Does he want to continue to sleep around? So many questions are unanswered. I may need to handcuff him to my bed and tease him until he spills.

When I decided to relax and have fun myself, I still wanted him to be the one that I have fun with. That's why I recorded my tryst with Sam and sent it to him. I enjoyed it and I wanted him to want me for it. I still want him to be my mate. He just keeps pushing away the idea like it could never happen. Grr... Why?

These thoughts have kept me up all night. When I awake for training, Uncle Jamie announces that we are having a meeting today, so no school. I want to go to school, though. I don't want to be locked away for the day. I want to see Oliver. I want to flirt with him and dig into what the hell his problem is.

I don't have a choice though. Glenda is in town and this weekend in the coronation for Jace and Oliver. So I just have to suck it up.

I have been bored out of my mind since I entered the meeting room at seven this morning. Glenda and I chatted a bit. She is excited for her son to take over as Beta. She wants her mate to travel with her and soon he will be able to.