CH 22: Separate Spaces

Chapter 22: Separate Spaces (Leigh's POV)

It has been two weeks since Oliver woke up. He is still at the hospital. They have run so many tests on him. CT scans, MRI's and blood screens. They have no clue why his wolf is absent. He says it feels like he has been locked in a silver cage and he can't reach out to him.

I have since returned home. I would rather be with my mate. He is having a slow time healing and he says that our situation makes his head hurt worse. So I returned home. I have a few warriors keeping watch over him because we think that this might have been caused by someone. The camera feed from the day I left was wiped clean and Dakota is missing. She had been in the cells last we knew. But when we went to question her she was gone. With the additions from the Rogue raid, no one knows how long she has been gone.

Today we are in a meeting to try to organize a search party for her. We also just finished a video conference with Anya, my future Royal Witch, about coming to access the situation with Oliver. She has been on a retreat in the middle of the Amazon, so she has been unreachable until now. She will be here in about a week.

We have just finished assigning areas to look for Dakota when Liv walks in. Jace quickly pulls her into his arms. I have to look away. I want everything that they have with my mate. I am so happy for them but I am also extremely jealous.

"Leigh, did you hear me?" Liv asks.

Pulling myself from my thoughts I reply, "No sorry. What's up Liv?"

"I said he's here. They released Ollie today." She gives me a small smile. "I hope you don't mind but I gave him access to your floor. He wanted to shower and lay down. They sent him some pain meds, so I think he is planning on taking them to get some sleep."

"Why didn't anyone tell me? I would have been there." I say in a quiet voice.

"I was there, and I knew you were having your meeting." She shrugs.

"I guess I should go get him settled in before he crashes out," I say trying to contain my excitement that he is here. I flash them both a quick smile before bolting out the door and up to my apartment. The elevator seems to take years but it finally opens.

I quickly find Oliver sitting on the living room sectional. His head is laid back and his feet are propped up on one of the built-in recliners. I would love nothing more than to crawl into his lap and stay there forever. He looks so good with a grey hat, white t-shirt, and jeans. He has lost a little of his mass while in the hospital, but it just makes him look even more etched from stone.

"I know you're there, Leigh." He says without lifting his head. "I can smell you. Your honeysuckle scent got even stronger when you entered the room. It's nice. Very relaxing to be around. I thought it would help me to be here. I hope you don't mind."

After weeks of being pushed away to hear that my scent is relaxing is both a happy and sad moment. "You smell like sage and rainwater." That is all I can think to say.

He chuckles before reaching up to his head, "Is there somewhere I can lay down for a little while. The sun blaring off the snow about killed me on the way here."

"Yeah, our room is at the end of the hall," I say without thinking.

"I'll just stay here." He says tilting his hat down and crossing his arms.

"Sorry I wasn't thinking. There is another room to the left. It has a nice bed in it with blackout curtains." I say looking down at my hands. I miss having him sleep with me. We had only done it a few times before he left but I slept with him the whole time he was unconscious.