CH 4 :Confidence

Chapter 4: Confidence (Leigh's POV)

It's like living a bad dream...

Behind Liv's door is the last thing I ever expected to find. Oliver had some dark-haired girl bent over Liv's bed as he takes her from behind. He looks up as I enter but does not slow in his stroke. "Want to join us, Baby Girl?" At the same moment, the girl chooses to puke on Liv's bed.

Spinning on my heel, I run out crying. As I reach the bottom stair, I run face first into Garrett's chest. "I'm sorry," I say trying to suppress a sob.

"Hey, hey. Are you okay?" He asks as Liv comes into view. She wraps her arms around me once I'm within her reach.

"What happened?" They both ask in unison.

I manage to sob out what I witnessed in her room. "I'm going to kill him." Liv turns, leaving me as she races up the stairs.

Taking in my appearance, Garrett removes his shirt and hands it to me. "Come on let's get you home."

I pull on his shirt and it comes almost to my knees. "Thank you."

"I'll get my car and take you home." He offers.

"That's sweet of you, but I think I'll walk. You've been drinking."

"I've only been drinking soda all night."

"Oh. Why?" I am shocked almost everyone here is plastered.

"I'll tell you on the way. Come on." He offers me his hand to follow him.

***********************

The next afternoon I awake after noon. I have never slept this late in my life. I was up at 4 am most mornings not going to sleep at that time. My head is pounding and my stomach hurts. My whole body feels like hell.

I lay in bed thinking about what Garrett told me on the way home. It gave me hope. His story intrigued me as he told me that he was just like Oliver and Jace before he turned eighteen. He spoke about how he woke up on his birthday and shifted in his wolf form. He tried so hard to sniff out her scent there in the Packhouse. Scaring his pack and himself a little. Until he was forced to admit that she wasn't there or that she isn't of age yet. His wolf returned to his bed and laid there whining for someone unknown to him.

He had horrible thoughts. That she would never come. That she would hate him for his past. That he wouldn't be good enough for her. He started to wonder what she would look like and then he stopped. He didn't want to tarnish the thought of his mate by wishes she was some fantasy. Whoever she is, she is perfect to him.

He claims it was as if someone pressed his reset button. He still feels lost but now he spends every day trying to be the perfect mate for her.

Part of me thought it was bullshit at first. I thought it might have been a ploy to get in my pants. The longer he talked, the more I saw it. The love he has for a woman that he has still yet to meet. I hope my mate loves me as much as he loves his. There is a possibility that I may be his mate. Only time will tell.

The rest of the night is a horrible blur. I'm not mad though. Disappointed in Oliver's behavior, yes. Was I mad before I talked to Garrett? Hell yes!

Our talk though put a lot of things in perspective. I still had at least nine weeks until someone would look at me as their one and only. Why should I invest myself in someone before then? So they can hurt me? No!

I decide that I'm going to treat this like Amish Rumspringa. I am going to go a little wild for once in my life until I find my happily ever after. I will do whatever feels good except for having sex. I will have my fun, but my virginity is saved for my mate. That belongs to him. Everything else is fair game.