CH 15: Worth The Wait

Chapter 15: Worth The Wait (Oliver's POV)

My head still feels off from the coronation. But it is done. I am officially Beta. I wonder who will replace me when I become Leigh's mate. I stop in my tracks startling Leigh. She has been in her own world too. Did I really just let myself accept the possibility that I could be that lucky of a man. I feel as if a weight has been lifted off me. Finally accepting I have a chance. That I'm at least a player in this game.

I look over at her she looks so damn perfect. It causes me to smile. I feel so happy to be with her. "What's the smile for babe." She asks with her own smile beaming back at me.

"That. You. Earlier. Every moment I'm with you." I pull her closer to me. Wrapping myself around her. You will be mine is all I can think. Her smile brightens even more. Does she feel it too? The sense of hope. The moment I fell to the ground it was as if it was to worship her. I can and will do just that.

We walk around talking to other high-ranked officials and others of that sort. Leigh grabs me telling me she wants to introduce me to a family friend Anya. Anya is not what I was expecting. She looks like Barbie just stepped out of the box. I sense something about her because she is different. Not a wolf. I raise an eyebrow to Leigh.

"Anya is a witch. She is in town helping to protect our borders. We can never be too safe."

"Oh very nice to meet you, Anya. Ummm... I'm going to get a drink. Do you want one, Baby Girl?" She shakes her head no as I walk away.

I'm not a fan of witchcraft and don't want to be rude to Leigh's friend so I decide it is best to separate. I witness Liv get into a scuffle with Sarah but it is quickly handled. I'm proud of my sister and the way she handled herself. I continue toward the kitchen.

I am starving and I need to eat. The wait staff all bow and utter Beta as I walk past. A guy could get used to it. It would be even better to hear Alpha. Only because that would mean I was Leigh's. I find the food that is set up for the after-party and devour a few handfuls of finger foods before I hear a familiar voice. It's my mom's.

"What she did out there is blasphemous. Not one but both of my children James."

"It is her choice, Glenda. We do not question things when it comes to Leigh. She is guided by our Goddess." James responds.

"Bullshit that girl is driven by her hormones. She doesn't care about the repercussions of her actions." My mother shoots back.

"We will all talk about this tomorrow Glenda. In a more private setting. For now, go home and get ready for the life you have always wanted with your mate." James says dismissing my mother's presence.

What is my mom's problem with Leigh and me and what does Liv have to do with it. My head hurts. I just want to go find Leigh, but I can't find her anywhere. I go to the room we shared earlier and change out of this damn suit. The formal party is ending and now it is time for the after-party. I'm in grey camo board shorts and a black t-shirt that says "Hold My Beer and Watch This". It feels nice to be in my normal attire, but both my wolf and I are desperate to find Leigh.

I find my way back downstairs and still can't find her. It's like the entire school is here along with anyone under the age of twenty-five from all three packs. That is probably the case. This place could easily contain us all. After what feels like hours I still haven't spotted Leigh but I did locate Jace and Liv. They both look blissed out on each other but I don't see any markings from here. Something appears to have caught Jace's eye so I follow it.

Mychael is standing talking to someone. As he shifts slightly I come to find that it is Leigh. I have been looking for her everywhere and I find her talking to another Alpha. The growl that rips from me parts the crowd in front of me. I stomp like a child over to Leigh who moves forward.