CH 20: Something's Wrong

Chapter 20: Something's Wrong (Leigh's POV)

Rogues? Really! Of course, those asshats are going to fuck up the most important moment of my life. I jump over the balcony, landing in front of Oliver. I go to reach for him but he takes a step back. Causing Jade to wine in my head. Uncle Jamie and Aunt Rachel follow me over the landing neither looking happy to see Oliver. Jace comes forward with Liv and punches Oliver square in the jaw. He takes it. Shaking his head but not responding back.

"You have a lot of shit to explain right now dipshit," Jace growls at him grabbing his shoulder. "I should kill you or at least give you the silver treatment I got from Jade."

"I know I do, but first we have Rogues roaming the Packs. It looks like there are about 300 of them. I have been watching them the last few days." Oliver says focusing on Jace. I pray for him to look at me. I just need him to look at me once.

"Was it your plan to just wait for them to attack? We could have taken them out before they set foot on our land." Uncle Jamie growls at him crossing his arms across his chest.

"I fucked up by leaving the way I did, so who was I going to report to." He replies quietly running a hand through his unruly hair. "The fact is they are invading now."

"We will handle them and then we will handle you." Uncle Jamie says up in his face, bumping his chest against Oliver. Showing no fear Oliver stares right back at his former Alpha. He is technically King now. Whether he wants to acknowledge it yet or not.

I stand there quietly while they growl out a course of action. I feel like the shy girl in the corner hoping their crush will notice them. He is my mate. Why will he not look at me? I try to mind-link him but he still has his block up. Everyone starts to shift and I follow in human form. I don't want to unleash Jade until it is absolutely necessary. She isn't fighting me on this either. Her head is just as fucked up by Oliver right now as mine is. Why hasn't he touched us? Called us his yet. What the fuck? I know my head should be focused on the current attack, but I am so thrown by Oliver that I can barely put one foot in front of the other.

We move to Silver Crescent and find a horde pillaging the Packhouse. I rip through enemy wolves while still in my own haze. I hear someone yell "That's their Alpha." and take off after him. He runs off leaving his Rogue Pack like a little bitch. As we approach the freeway that runs along the back of Silver Crescent I shift. Eight lanes of traffic are easier to navigate as a wolf and people expect animals to run across the Interstate not a human girl dressed in formal wear.

I'm at his heels when he turns on me. Teeth bared and hackles up, he changes direction and charges at me. I don't even get to touch him because I am pushed from behind out of the way. I turn just in time to see the Rogue get torn under the wheels of a big rig while my savior is thrown in the air and flies at least fifty yards away. The truck stops and I take off for the one that pushed me out of the way.

Red fur. I catch a glimpse of it in someone's headlights. We run as fast as we can. "No, no, no, don't do this to me." He is still in wolf form which is semi-positive. When a wolf dies they revert back to their human form. It's a good thing he's my mate. He has more strength than he knows. I grab him by the scruff of the neck and pull him to the edge of the trees.

I shift and pick him up, running the fastest I've ever run in the direction of Wolfe Hospital. Thankfully it is on the edge of the Kingdom closest to Silver Crescent. I run in screaming for help. They quickly grab him from me and get him on a gurney and rush him back.

I begin pacing back and forth. I try to contact Jace but he must still be with the Rogues. Someone brought me over a robe to cover with. I could have not given two shits to be pacing naked in the hospital right now, but I put it on anyway. I link Liv because in her condition she is still at the Wolfe House.