CH 1: What The...

Chapter 1: What The... (Leigh's POV)

Present Day

Buzz... Buzz... Buzz...

I rolled over to turn off my 4 am alarm. Stumbling out of bed I move on autopilot. Blindly walk down the stairs with my eyes still closed as I start to stretch. You don't need to be fully awake to work out. Mainlining coffee is a must as I run laps with more than half my weight strapped to me. While I bust my but in the early morning hours I daydream of what lies ahead for me. Today is my first day of senior year and I will be attending school for the first time ever.

Shocking I know. What have I been doing with myself if I wasn't going to school? Well, I have been home-schooled. Duh! I have been in something like witness protection program. When most of your family is murdered when you were just a mere pup, those that are left tend to take your protection seriously.

My Aunt Rachel and Uncle Jamie have gone above and beyond. I have been kept hidden right under everyone's noses. Hiding in Silver Crescent, which they are Alpha and Luna of, but barely seeing the light of day. This is not a 'Princess locked away in a tower by their evil guardian' type of story. They are the most caring and loving people I could have ever asked to be entrusted to. It also hasn't been all dark dungeons and locked doors either.

I have had the chance to travel the world and meet others under the guise of being my own cousin. The world thinks I died with my parents, so a fake story has been put in place. I took my mom's maiden name and pretend to be the child of one of her many siblings. It has kept me safe, but when we are in Silver Crescent, we are too close to the Kingdom to risk anyone finding out who I am. That is until I come of age, which I will turn eighteen in just a few months.

As excited as I am to be able to step into the light as myself, I am more excited to find my mate. That is what I am daydreaming about this morning. Will I meet him today? I know I won't be able to feel that he is my mate yet. We will both have to be eighteen first for that to happen, but when that day comes I will know him on sight as mine. His scent will drive me insane and his touch will damn near light a fire in my panties. I have saved myself for my mate, but I never intended to be as virginal as I am. It's difficult to have even your first kiss while you are in hiding.

My watch beeps, telling me it's time to get ready for school. I am so buzzed to go to school. To meet new people. To make, dare I say, friends. I've never had friends. Trainers, teachers, and family, I have had, I have never had a real friend. I used to consider my cousin Jace my best friend, my brother from an identical mother, but we had a falling out a few years back. We still live in the same house, still train together, but we have had a few blowouts that have ended in blood when my wolf, Jade, has gotten involved.

I'm toweling off while standing in my closet, as l trying to figure out how to dress for high school. Today I will be attending Wolfe High. Named after the Royal family, my family. I am more comfortable in sweat pants a t-shirt and a hoodie, but I don't think that will work. I decide upon a pair of skinny jeans, boots, and a blue v neck t-shirt that says " Dreams Do Come True." in white glitter. I make my way down to grab some food before leaving for school and run into Jace as he is finishing up his breakfast.

"Holy hell. Do you have to show off to everyone? I don't want my friends staring at your tits all day." Jace yells at me as I entered the kitchen.

I am wearing a fairly conservative outfit, but the size of my chest makes it hard for anything to look conservative. I somehow got cursed with a size Double D chest. They get in the way. They are heavy, and when I have been around others for training, all people do is stare at them. Most days it makes me want to hide. I'm not sure how to handle the attention. For the first time in my life though, I want to be seen. I don't want to hide.