CH 8: Perfect

Chapter 8: Perfect (Leigh's POV)

I have the best day with Oliver. He has taken me to the boardwalk. The rides are all closed because of the rain and it's also the middle of a school day.

The arcades are open though. So we play a million rounds of skee ball and then a few other random games. I want to grill him about his mate issues but we are having such a nice day. I let it go for now. He holds my hand as we walked from game to game. Sneaks in kisses as we enjoy each other's company.

When we leave to gets something to eat, he keeps an arm wrapped around my waist pulling me into a warm hug every time we stopped. There is barely a moment where we aren't touching in some small way. I couldn't have asked for a better date. He gives me butterflies with every touch.

We are on our way back to the Packhouse for our study date now. He came around and opened my door and assisted me down from the raised cab of his truck. I don't mind as it put me back in his arms. I lean up and kiss him as my feet met the ground. Pulling him closer to me so that we are flush with each other. I moaned as he deepens the kiss while he let out a satisfied growl. I pull away first. We were too out in the open for where this kiss is headed. I place my small hand in his large one and led him towards the house.

As we walk inside he wraps his arms around me from behind. If every member of the Packhouse didn't know I was off-limits, they do now. I hold a smile on my face until I see Liv. She looks upset as she glares at me. I am broken from my stare down when Oliver lets out a warning growl in Liv's direction. Liv turns and disappears deeper into the house. I step out of Oliver's embrace. It leaves me feeling cold, but my good mood had vanished again. What did I do?

I feel Oliver grab my hand and pull me towards the stairs. When we get to the top he let go as he unlocks the door blocking our way. "I share the top floor with Jace, but he only uses his room for..." He trails off. I guess he didn't want to say anything about Jace's player ways.

There was a small kitchen as we walked in and then two doors that split off the rest of the floor. Oliver leads me to the door on the left. He unlocks the door, closes it, and locks it behind me. The doors into a large living room space. He comes behind me again and wrapped his arms around me. His face is pressed against my neck and his lips gently caress the soft skin behind my ear. "I'm sorry about Liv."

"You don't need to be sorry. It's not your fault." Leaning back into him, he gently kissed me down my neck where my mate will mark me. My whole body tingles as he runs his nose over the path his mouth had just taken. I felt a rush of want run through my body before my panties became wet.

"Smells good enough to eat," Oliver whispers in my ear. Fuck. I can feel something stir against my back. I can barely breathe. 

He leads me forward and through another door, his bedroom. He does not lock this door behind us, so he is giving me the option to leave. "So which project do you want to start on first," Oliver asks as I sit on the end of his bed. I am so nervous. My palms are sweating. My heart is racing, What is this boy doing to me. 

I look up at him and smile. I have been tense entering his room, not knowing what he expects. "Let's start with the one for history we have all year for the science one." We have decided to use Percy Jackson's interpretation of Greek mythology in the modern world as our theme and had our entire project done within two hours.

Now I am left lying stretched out on my stomach on his bed. He has just returned with some bottled water for us. He sits next to me and places one hand on the small of my back where my shirt is slightly pushed up before handed me the bottle with the other. He leaves the hand on my back causing me to tense. He slowly caresses the skin with his thumb, while attempting to soothe me. It sends tingles up my spine as it both soothes and excites me.