CH 9: Consequences

Chapter 9: Consequences (POV LIV)

"Then maybe you shouldn't act like one." I shoot at Leigh. The moment the words leave my mouth I regret them. Her face looks as though I have smacked her. She is my friend, I think but, she has totally ignored me since the pack party. Not a single word since I left her to go yell at Ollie for fucking her over.

Sam moves towards me but Ollie steps in her way. Garrett growls but he holds her back. A roar erupts from my future Alpha but I ignore it. I watch Sarah quickly sit down from the corner of my eye, so it was just Leigh and me. I stand up nose to nose with Leigh. I know she can destroy me with one hit but I was daring her. We stare each other down breathing heavily. She doesn't make any move to hit me.

Jace gently grabs onto my shoulder and pulls me into him. "Stop Liv. Please, not here. Okay?" I turn and bury my face in his chest. Hmm... He smells good. His arms are warm around me. I almost forget what is going on around me. I heard Leigh and Ollie run out of the cafeteria.

"Thank you, Jace," I say turning my face up to Jace. I think for a second that there is a look of longing there before his features turn cold.

"You shouldn't be talking about Leigh like that." He said ripping his arms from me. He stares at me this time with black orbs before walking in the opposite direction. Tears start to form in my eyes and I run for the nearest girl's room. I sit in the stall and cry.

When I am finally calmed down, I walk out to my car. Screw this day, I'm out of here. I spot Ollie's truck parked at the stop sign leaving the school. I think it's odd, it's not long and he takes off again. I do see another person in the truck with him. I'm assuming that it's Leigh.

I sit in my Jeep and wallow in self-pity. Everyone is against me now. Garrett and Sam. Leigh and Oliver. And finally Jace. He was so cold. For all of five seconds, I thought he would have my back, but then he was back to being an asshole.

He is acting strange this week. I heard he broke up with Sarah, and for the last few years, all I have heard is him complaining about Leigh. Before that, he talked about her like she was the fucking Messiah. I was jealous of her when we were younger because Jace talked so highly of her. I felt bad for her when they had their fallout. And now that she is here, he is acting like her personal bodyguard.

I heard that he flipped shit when he found out what Dakota had done. It is a good thing that she was already knocked out.

Since I am still sitting in my car I catch Jace leaving for the day too.
"Hey" I yell out to him. "Can we talk?"

"I have to meet my dad about Dakota. If I can, I'll stop by the house later."

"Okay," I said dropping my head.

He comes up to my door, "I'll try Liv." He says brushing a hand against my cheek before racing off to his truck. My heart flutters at his words but I am still saddened that we can't talk now.

As kids, it was always Jace, Ollie, and me. Even once they both started sleeping around we stayed close. I could always go to Jace. That was until this summer.

There was a party for Garrett being made Alpha. I got stupid drunk and kissed him. He was dating Sarah at the time but I was too drunk to care. He kissed me back with a passion. That is until we broke apart and he came to his senses. He literally ran from me and has been distancing himself from me ever since.

I want him. I always have. He is what I dream of when I think about my mate. Not the asshole he is now, but the boy who has always been my best friend. Today when he held me it felt right. It felt like we were exactly where we were meant to be. Until he turned cold. Until he turned from me again.