CH 13: Secrets

Chapter 13: Secrets (Liv's POV)

My future mother-in-law is being a little overwhelming so I am grateful when Jace pulls me to him. It helps calm my nerves and make me feel safe. A feeling that I am where I belong. When everyone starts to disburse, I am happy. Alpha James reminds Jace of the time and we still had hours until I even needed to get ready.

Jace asks me in a whisper, "Can we talk?" I nod and he leads me up the stairs. We stop at the elevators and he adds my fingerprint so I could come and go as I please. Once we were back to the room he had taken me to this morning. I realize it is more than just a room it is more like an apartment. A very large one at that. "This belongs to us now." He says in a low gentle voice while leading me to the couch in the living room. He sits on the comfy-looking couch before pulling me onto his lap and encircling his arms around my waist.

Jace keeps his face planted into my neck where he can easily breathe in my scent. I can feel that he is nervous, so I ask, "You wanted to talk?"

"Yes, my angel. I wanted to know... If you could forgive me. I have behaved terribly. Do you still want us as your mate?" He asks barely above a whisper.

"I have always wanted you, Jace," I tell him as I intertwine my fingers with his. "Did you really want to come back, after you left?"

"You read my apology." He replies with a deep sigh. "I did. I sat outside your door and listened to you cry until you fell asleep. I just couldn't face you."

"I wish you would have. It would have been better if you did."

"I know Angel. I just didn't have the balls." He says with a humorless laugh. "How are you feeling?"

"That's a loaded question. I feel happy here in your arms. I feel nervous about being name Luna. And I'm worried about how you will act if I am pregnant."

"There is no need to worry about that my love. I may have run that night but I am not going anywhere now. You are my life. You will be the perfect Luna. You are already everything I could have asked for in my mate. You will be a wonderful mother to our pups."

"Pups?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

I felt him chuckle below me. "I foresee a few in our future. Don't you?"

"I always wanted three," I reply back with a smile.

"Hmmm... I think I'm up for that challenge." He says snuggling into me. We sit in quiet for a few minutes before I heard his gentle snores in my ear. He must have been exhausted. Since I am in no position to move, I set an alarm for when I need to get ready. Then I lay my head back on his large chest and drift to sleep surrounded by his warmth and love.

I find myself laid on top of his chest a few hours later. He has repositioned us so he is laying on the couch with me on my stomach on top of him. He still has his arms tightly around me and as I try to move that grip tightens further.

"Where do you think you're going, Angel?" He asks in a husky voice still filled with sleep.

Why does he have to sound so hot right now? I look up to him and notice a small smile on his chiseled features that show just one of his dimples. He has a slight shadow showing his need to shave and his dark hair that is short on the sides but long on top is covering his beautifully closed eyes. I reached up to move the hair from his face and feel him purr beneath me. After a few moments, he grabbed my wrist and brings it to his mouth leaving a small kiss that makes me shiver despite the warmth radiating from the closeness of our bodies.

"Bathroom." I finally as once I feel the need hit again.

"Why did you have to say something so logical." He replies with a slight huff. "There's one down the hall in our room." He points in the general direction and kisses the top of my head before allowing me to move.