Cruel

"You're- you're a monster!" Zankoku gasped, blood dribbling out of his mouth as he stared, wide-eyed at y/n, who simply smirked, raising an eyebrow as she lifted her pistol again.

"You just realized that?" she asked, her crimson eyes full of murderous intent. "This was our goal from the beginning."

"What, taking over the Yakuza?" he spat, blood dripping on the ground from the lung shot y/n had landed. "You've turned us all against each other! Coward! Fight us head-on!"

"No, I merely let slip that you weren't with the cause of the branch, using my spies," y/n grinned, aiming the gun again. "They gave you up to be killed willingly. And we're not targeting the Yakuza. We're targeting the entire Mafia."

"You won't get away with this," he groaned, holding his shoulder and glaring furiously at her. "You cocky, arrogant hero! They'll kill you before you even take a step out of Japan!"

"So you're admitting that I already won this branch?" y/n asked, innocently, pulling the safety back and cocking the gun. "Boring. I've only been here for four months, the amount of influence I've gained in this short time is quite astounding. I suppose you're still alive because a gun isn't my primary weapon choice."

Zankoku laughed, almost maniacally, his injured side spurting more blood. 

"Heroes," he growled, sweat dripping down his face. "Acting as if they're so righteous, but in reality, you're worse than the villains. You should all just die! At least we know we're evil-"

Y/n cut him off, shooting him again, this time square in the chest.

"So that's how you aim," she mused, as smoke drifted from the tip of the barrel. "I won't die quite so easily. People are waiting for me to come back alive."

His dead body hit the ground as y/n stowed the gun back in her thigh holster, glancing at him for a moment.

"Zankoku," she spat, her face twisted in disgust. "Danger. What a joke."

She could feel the sun starting to go down, putting her quirk dampener on and suppressing her quirk, as to not come off as a threat to the group she had infiltrated.

It wasn't hard to turn his people against him. Just one little rumor was all it took to cause doubt, and a few framed crimes against the Yakuza later, he was as good as dead, dragged in front of the Creator's daughter without a second thought from any of them.

How cruel of them. 

Zankoku had trusted them all with his life, but this was what she was supposed to be doing. Her mission. He had been the oyabun, or the family boss, while she had only managed to get to wakagashira, the first lietenant of the Yakuza. 

It was obvious to her that Zankoku didn't trust her one bit when she came in, even when others practically threw themselves at her feet to get her as their new leader.

At least he had been smart, she decided, standing up and brushing off her kimono, pushing the doors open. 

Natasha had cleared the area of the building to make sure that nobody overheard the conversation that y/n and Zankoku were having before she killed him, so their position wouldn't be compromised.

"He's dead," y/n pushed a microphone button on the wall. "I punished him for his crimes against us, and now I stand as the next up for obayun, if there are no complaints."

People started filing in the area of her office, seeing the blood dripping out from past the door, and cheering. How primal and cruel, to cheer at the death of a comrade.

"Well done," Natasha complimented, her brown eyes twinkling with mischief. "However, are we still doing security detail for that ball that's happening this evening? They did hire the yakuza to take charge of that."