Break

"So, Hatsuru," Keigo started, stirring sugar into his coffee as y/n glanced up from her cup. "What did he want?"

Y/n wasn't sure if she should tell him the truth, or if she should just try to keep it hidden. They were in a public cafe, and several of their fans were watching from nearby tables. Living as a pro hero had its perks, including being able to save people, but it gained unwanted attention.

"Can we discuss something else?" y/n kept her voice down, but she was sure a few of the civilians had good enough hearing that they didn't miss what she said. "Now isn't the best time to discuss that."

Keigo paused his stirring, not looking up from the cup. 

"Fine by me," his voice was controlled and calm, as y/n's was. "Your class is pretty strong, by the way."

"Of course they are. Each of them is starting to learn that this isn't a joke, and they're taking training seriously. What's more surprising is that even the students I presumed had no future in the hero world are starting to improve."

"You mean the ones that failed their final exams?"

"No, I wasn't their teacher at that point," y/n pointed out, tapping the side of her cup with the tip of her finger. "More like the people who never showed any signs of strength, whether mental or physical, during the entrance exams."

"You got to watch those?"

"Kind of. I got to see the results, since I was the academically smartest student going into the third year," she shrugged a bit, taking a sip of the coffee before continuing to speak. "The ones that didn't get any rescue points, for one thing, and the ones with low villain points."

"Which ones were they?" Keigo sounded genuinely curious now. "Did they do well at the sports festival?"

"Of course they did, the entire class basically did. Midoriya, Bakugo, and Uraraka. I think they've each had the most growth in their class."

"Wait, bone breaking kid, anger issues, and Kirby?" Keigo raised a feathery eyebrow. "What about Tsukoyomi, or Todoroki?"

"They've been pretty strong since the exams, not to mention Shoto got in on recommendations."

"Ah. That makes a lot of sense, when you put it that way. What was your score, when you took your entrance exams first year?"

"Well, twenty seven attack points and forty rescue points," she recalled, pushing her visors up; she had pulled them out of her costume's pocket earlier. "I ranked fourth but they disqualified me because I couldn't use my quirk for it."

"I doubt they're listening anymore," Keigo kept his voice as casual as it was before. "Care to explain what you and Hatsuru were meeting about now?"

Y/n glanced over out of the corner of her eye, and as Keigo had suspected, nobody was really paying attention anymore. But then again, if Keigo got angry at her, they were bound to notice. And if she refused to tell him, he'd get mad anyways. 

"Fine," y/n's voice was cautious. "Endeavor put me up for one of the Commission Office's missions."

Keigo had to admire the fact that she wasn't bothering to cover her emotions at the moment as he looked her over. She didn't want to tell him, that was for sure. That probably meant that the mission was a bad one.

His phone buzzed in his pocket, which he paid no mind to as his eyes narrowed.

"Which one?"

Y/n hadn't been expecting the question as her light brown eyebrow raised up in confusion.