Hosu City

Author's note: I know, I don't usually do these. Some (cough ALL) of my books are triggering to some degree, so if you're uncomfortable with me writing trauma-based stories, let me know and I'll write something happier. This is what I normally write, and I promise, this book will be a LOT happier than my Stop Bothering Me and Win Her Back miniseries thing. If anyone has any more writing requests, I'll take them because I don't sleep anyway LOL. Also, the video isn't mine, I play the violin and not the viola as most of the instruments in the video are, and I am TALENTLESS and need to die in a hole. All references go to the original video and I don't own most of the people in this story IDK why I have to say that.

Demonicmatchmaker31
Drawing credited to @musaaza

Now on with the story.

Opening her case, y/n sat on top of the roof of her house, trying to stay out of Endeavor's way for a while longer.

Y/n just finished school, going through her school day that she didn't need to attend for this week, as she was technically an "intern" and work-study student with her adoptive father's agency.

If Endeavor ever found her up here, with her viola, he would burn it. Y/n knew this from experience, even though he wasn't the person who got it for her.

Y/n L/n got it as a welcoming gift from the school, as a sort of apology for not allowing her into the hero course with an explanation that they knew she was strong, but she didn't pass the exams.

They couldn't let her in the hero course unless she passed, or was one of the recommended students. Which was fine by her, but Endeavor had a different opinion on the matter.

After she finished carefully tuning and preparing her viola, she rested it on her shoulder and began to play a soft melody, sawing her bow back and forth, wrenching beautiful, deep notes out of the instrument, playing a song as familiar as the back of her hand.

It was a song that she learned in the orphanage, on a ragged viola with a barely functioning bow that she got when the caretakers saw that she wasn't fitting in with the rest of the kids. The kids were scared of the vampire, and she was never awake during the day to talk to them and barely ate anything. The caretakers felt bad and found one at an auction, after asking her if she had any interests, and gave her the viola, learning that her mother used to play for her when she was younger, and she got sheet music from her school to learn.

The first song she learned was the one she used to play for Touya, the only person who knew that she played any instrument, and playing it here, again, reminded her how much she missed her older brother.

He never minded that she wasn't technically related to them, saying that if she could deal with their father, she might as well be a part of the family.

Her fingers glided over the strings elegantly, quickly, shifting up to the third position to play the highest measures before moving back down, feeling the song in her bosom and her breath as she continued to play.

Once the song died down, she opened her eyes and felt dampness on her prominent cheekbones. She hadn't realized that she had been crying.  She wiped at her face to hide the blood tears that she produced as a consequence of her quirk, her pale skin glowing in the late-afternoon sun.

Had she not put on her sunscreen that morning, she would've burned by now.

She could smell someone, barely noticeably as the sun was still out and her senses were dulled, but she ignored the smell and the feeling of being watched, figuring that she was being paranoid.

Playing a few more songs, y/n practiced for the next hour. She played both cello and violin songs, with the viola ones that she knew, taking up the rest of the time she had left before needing to go out on patrol, the sun slowly slipping towards the horizon.