Corrupt

Y/n sat at her desk, typing away at her computer, trying to fix her agency's firewall that someone had tried to hack. They failed, but they broke a lot of the code doing it.

Touya sat next to her in his own desk that they'd gotten over the past couple of years, a pair of glasses perched on his nose and a single earbud in one of his ears. Recruiting's always been his job, it just switched to recruiting for the heroes this time.

"This one got seventh in the sports festival, y/n," Touya said, scrolling through the upcoming hero's profile and glancing them over. "They're a third year at UA. Do you want to put in a request for them to be a work study student? Or an internship? Either's available since they have their provisional license."

"Sure, but send them with a different sidekick," y/n pushed her fingers against her temples, feeling a throbbing headache starting to come on after all of the time she's spent in front of the computer. "I've just about fixed this program since the girl that works tech got sick recently, so give me about ten minutes and I'll double check their profile. Pin the tab and move on to the next person."

"Sure, whatever you say," Touya shrugged nonchalantly. There's still a two-year contract where he's going to be considered her sidekick, but since he'd been voted number five, he had a lot more leniency and didn't have to be at her side twenty-four/seven.

Which is good, because since y/n and Keigo were still trying to see if their relationship could work out, he didn't want to be around while Keigo was. Not to sound like an overprotective older brother, but y/n deserved more than a bastard that killed his own mentor for a mission.

Touya glanced up and saw y/n close her eyes for a moment, squeezing them before opening them and looking back at the screen, reading over the code she'd been fixing and starting to type again.

He scrolled to the next possible internship student and glanced over their profile. There's not much known about this one, other than the fact that they had failed the provisional license exams attending a second-rate heroics school.

Hard pass.

After choosing about fifteen different interns and work-study students, Touya closed the laptop, pulling the glasses off of his face and putting his head down on the desk.

"Are you alright?" y/n didn't even look away from the screen, having sensed and heard him stop working. "Does your head hurt too?"

"Your eyes are photosensitive, it's your own fault that your head hurts, you brat," Touya sighed, pushing his white hair out of his face with a scarred hand. "It's nothing. I'm still not used to being swarmed all the time and now that there's no press or public around, I just kind of want to take a nap."

"Being alone is definitely preferable to patrolling in public," y/n agreed quietly, publishing the new code after she finished fixing the last piece of it. "Done here. What else is on our schedule for today?"

"I have an interview," Touya glanced at his watch and groaned. "In about thirty minutes. You have lunch with Takami."

"Can't I just stay with you for the interview?" y/n sighed, a bit annoyed. "Going to lunch with him sucks. I can't even eat without people shoving their cameras in my face."

"You are the number one hero in Japan," Touya shrugged nonchalantly, standing up and fixing his clothes, his hero costume that matched y/n's. "Get used to it, because that bone-breaking kid isn't going to catch up just yet."

"I wish he would. Being at the top is overrated and annoying." Y/n decided to stand up as well, stretching before finding her keys. "Fine, I'll go now. I'm supposed to meet him at his house in thirty minutes too and I think I need some coffee to keep me awake. Patrolling last night took too much energy."