Facade

Over the next few weeks, y/n and Keigo ended up catching up on everything that happened. Neither of them really wanted to bring up what happened, so things kind of just went back to the way that it was.

Well, kind of.

"Falcon!" Keigo shouted, jumping out of the way as a shot of water nearly hit both of them. "Watch yourself!"

Instead of just patrolling together, they decided to start working on actual missions. As the number two and three, now one and two, pro heroes, as of Endeavor's arrest, they were expected to make more public appearances.

It was still annoyingly difficult to hide the fact that they were dating again, especially since the cameras were on both of them at all times of the day.

"I'll be fine," y/n glared at the villain, activating her talons as her eyesight sharpened beyond what it was. "You're the one in danger without your senses."

"I just don't happen to function as well in the dark," he rolled his eyes, aiming a couple of his feathers towards the villain. "Not everyone can have a vampire quirk."

"And not everyone needs to know that I have one."

Unsurprisingly, the villain, a woman with a blue pixie cut and matching eyes, dodged Keigo's lame attack, but she accidentally left herself open to y/n.

Not even three minutes later, she was out cold. 

"That was too close," y/n commented lightly as she tied Siren, the villain that they had been told to apprehend, to a lamp post. "You need to watch what you're doing. If she had time to actually activate her quirk-"

"What, are you afraid that she'll seduce me?" Keigo smirked a bit, crossing his arms over his aviator's jacket. 

"Well, considering that all the people Siren's seduced have ended up dead in random alleyways, you're the one who should be afraid of that," y/n retorted.

Her face didn't even slightly tinge pink, Keigo noticed, a bit disappointed. After she came back from her mission, she came back different. Colder.

The way that they used to interact usually involved Keigo teasing her until she blushed in public, but now, it was hard to get even a small smile from her. She was all straight, blank faces and spacing out in public.

As he was now, Keigo noticed, glancing over to see that y/n was already walking away, dialing a number on her phone.

"Target apprehended," y/n spoke calmly into the receiver. "What's our next mission?"

Keigo couldn't quite hear the response, only that the voice sounded familiar.

When she finally hung up after a "right", he spoke up.

"Why don't we take a break?" he suggested lightly. "That coffee shop's still open-it might be a good idea to go and actually drink the coffee."

Y/n raised a brown eyebrow, flipping her long hair over her shoulder.

"You mean the coffee shop where you dumped me?" she asked in an unreadable tone. "I think I'm good. I got a new assignment but if you're tired, you can turn in. I can finish this in about an hour."

"To be fair," Keigo winced a bit. "You dumped me. But I haven't gotten much sleep recently because patrolling late at night when you're not naturally nocturnal doesn't work really well. I'll just wait for you at home?"

"I'll be going back to my house," y/n listlessly glanced at her phone again. "Go get some sleep. I'll see you tomorrow, Keigo."

Keigo glanced at her the moment before she flashed away, concern written over his face. Had he done something wrong? Was y/n still mad at him?